Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont see a schrader valve on the fuel rail of this car. How does one check for fuel pressure?

·
Banned
13,101 Posts
Moco: You seem to know your way around cars, so I will forward this video from Eric the Car Guy. This is kinda dangerous though....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdpP4wxBvpA

This does not tell you the fuel pressure number, only if you HAVE fuel pressure.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rick,

That's a great trick for a basic check to see fuel pressure or no fuel pressure. Im wondering what the service manual method is to get a PSI reading for more in-depth diagnosis.

Thankfully, I dont need it for any reason right now, but I was just wondering as I've always been admonished to check for fuel, spark, and compression when a car is exhibiting a no-start condition.

By the way, both Eric the Car Guy (ETCG) and Scotty Kilmer are great wealhs of knowledge from whom I've learned alot.

Lastly, this method is not all that dangerous as long as you dont crank the motor over or introduce a flame of some sort in the area. I guess ETCG needs to cover his bases liability wise as there are drooling imbeciles that would disconnect the fuel filter with a lit cigarette.

·
Banned
13,101 Posts
Moco, agreed...but I think it would be good for us to point it out as well since we have ten times more "visitors" on the forum at any one time compared to actual members....we also have many whom English is not their first language....

No doubt you have read some posts that are from noobies that are one giant, long paragraph, they use "text" language, and in the same "sentence" use the phrases "just bought, huge turbo, evade police, and 300hp by Friday"....those are the guys that need to hear the warning as they would probably do that procedure immediately after racing their Accord.

As for ETCG and Kilmer- I learn a lot too....I like how Eric shows you the screw-ups and hang-ups that always happen- he does not edit them out. I saw one video where to remove a brake caliper bolt- he tried his socket wrench, then a breaker bar, then a breaker bar WITH a cheater bar, then finally hit the cheater bar with a sledge....

....we've all done it....

By the way, I have family in Old Town, and some Vietnamese Honda mechanic friends off of route 7 and 50.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rick,

Just checked the FSM and it shows that the fuel filter for the 2003-2007 Accord V6 is in the fuel tank, so this ETCG video will not work for the 7th gen V6.

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
Rick,

Just checked the FSM and it shows that the fuel filter for the 2003-2007 Accord V6 is in the fuel tank, so this ETCG video will not work for the 7th gen V6.
I would imagine that you could loosen a fuel line anywhere, turn the key and get the same effect?

·
03 EX V6, and 6 others
147 Posts
If you've started or turned over the car recently, you should get some sort of pressure release anywhere along the fuel path.

It would be nice to know where or if you can put a gauge somewhere. I had a problem on my vette that took me months to figure out, and wouldn't have if I didn't have a place to put a gauge to monitor fuel pressure...The vette held good pressure for about 15 minutes, then it dropped off. I was convinced I had a problem with either the ECU or ignition....I replaced EVERYTHING in both of those systems. Still started missing when it went to closed loop. But ran great in open.

·
Registered
328 Posts
If you've started or turned over the car recently, you should get some sort of pressure release anywhere along the fuel path.

It would be nice to know where or if you can put a gauge somewhere. I had a problem on my vette that took me months to figure out, and wouldn't have if I didn't have a place to put a gauge to monitor fuel pressure...The vette held good pressure for about 15 minutes, then it dropped off. I was convinced I had a problem with either the ECU or ignition....I replaced EVERYTHING in both of those systems. Still started missing when it went to closed loop. But ran great in open.
What was the problem? Fuel pump? Regulator?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts