Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here. 2017 Accord Touring Hybrid. Had my first oil change/tire rotation. The garage checked inflation when they rotated. I’m getting a low tire pressure warning after they reset the oil change mileage. After 3-4 starts I’m still getting the warning. Know there is no under-inflation. How do I clear the warning without going to a dealer to reset it? Am I able to reset it myself? Thanks, Jake

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you've already checked your tire pressure with a tire pressure gauge and they're all up to spec, you can reset the TPMS calibration in the vehicle settings on the multi-information display using the controls on the steering wheel. If the warning keeps coming back you'll likely need to have the dealer take a look.
The car doesn't use a traditional tire pressure sensor like most other cars, it measures tire pressure based on the speed the tire spins so if the warning keeps coming back and the tire pressure is right, something is causing your system to interpret the speed wrong or the tire isn't spinning properly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the quick response. any suggestion of where to look for the reset instructions in the 485 page owner's manual? long term I would like to bypass the TPMS altogether as I check inflation regularly as well as prior to a long trip.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Starting the calibration process is fairly simple, and actually you start the process on the touchscreen.
From the Home screen go to Settings, then tap Vehicle, and tap TPMS (it be the first thing on the list), then tap Calibrate and the process should do its thing while you drive.

As far as bypassing the system goes, I have no clue 😅

·
Registered
84 Posts
On mine, finding the menu is hard, but I have a TPMS button on the left side of the wheel. Just hold it in until the dash light blinks.

·
Registered
127 Posts
If I remember it was under vehicle settings -> metering.

Always happens after a rotation since the fronts and rears are inflated differently because of the vehicles weight distribution.

Resetting the TPMS on this car really just sets the "ok" baseline. If you inflated the tires to, say, 30psi and start the TPMS calibration it would be fine and happy with that too.
Make sure the tires are inflated to where you want them prior to recalibrating the TPMS.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
12,775 Posts
thanks for the quick response. any suggestion of where to look for the reset instructions in the 485 page owner's manual? long term I would like to bypass the TPMS altogether as I check inflation regularly as well as prior to a long trip.
The owner's manual has a section in the back called an "index". This "index" is alphabetized. Look for "TPMS". Once you find it, there will be a page number next to it.

Also, the owner's manual is available online, for free, from the Honda Owner's site. Google it, download it, then enter "TPMS" in the search feature.

If you have extra time, you can search for "Shrimp", or "Plate of Shrimp".

You are welcome.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts