Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Trying to find how to install lower springs on 2017 Sport on youtube but can not find any. Please advise the link.

Thank you,

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just an FYI, I had the Eibach Pro-Kit installed for about 6 months. Went back to stock...definitely lower center of gravity but the body roll wasn't resolved enough for it to be warranted. Now have the stock with Progress rsb (22mm)...still not what I want.

Try it for yourself, but there's no setup that I've found that seems to work (I rent a lot of luxury cars for work, so my standards are probably a littler different).

·
CVT
1,032 Posts
Installing lowering springs on a '17 Accord will be similar to any other car. If the installation is beyond your skill-set, consider paying a shop to install the lowering springs for you.

Lowering springs on stock shocks/struts really isn't the best idea, as the spring rate of the lowering springs aren't an exact match for the OEM shocks/struts, and will lead to premature failure of the OEM shocks/struts, and will lead to can result in decreased suspension performance -- bouncy ride, springs bottoming out, et cetera.

If you're adamant about lowering your Accord, consider looking into Coilovers, or a Lowering Springs & Shocks Comb. Which were designed to work together in harmony for improved suspension performance and reliability. This sort of combo may not be as common as they were back in the 90's, before Coilovers become popular -- but may be worth exploring.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts