Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how to remove the e brake cable from the caliper? I removed the retaining clip and it's like it didn't need one. Any advice?

·
Super Moderator
12,793 Posts
Been there done that....time fuses things together. I used PB Blaster, let it soak, then began to pry it out (it is surrounded on three sides) being gentle as to not damage the cable. Once out, I sanded the "U-shaped" brake caliper extension for the cable to slide in and out easier.

It is not perfectly round- it actually has two flat sides- so sometimes rotating it a few degrees while gently prying will get it out. Less muscle, more movement.

One time I removed the entire brake cable holder from the caliper itself just to get more room to work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Been there done that....time fuses things together. I used PB Blaster, let it soak, then began to pry it out (it is surrounded on three sides) being gentle as to not damage the cable. Once out, I sanded the "U-shaped" brake caliper extension for the cable to slide in and out easier.

It is not perfectly round- it actually has two flat sides- so sometimes rotating it a few degrees while gently prying will get it out. Less muscle, more movement.

One time I removed the entire brake cable holder from the caliper itself just to get more room to work.
Thanks Rick I will try that

1 - 3 of 3 Posts