·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
which two screws exactly? the two on the hinge toward the back? after i get that out how do i take off the top? (the sliding thing)
________
buy vaporizers

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
right....... so how do i get the lid off the track?

________
Suzuki DR-Z400

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes i did..... but you cant access those screws on the lid thats on the track. :rolleyes:
________
cheap vaporizer

·
TL A-Specs RUBY------CURB
931 Posts
when u buy the new arm rest, it comes with the sliding mechanism thats how honda sells it. so just buy the new one and slap the hinge screws back in place.

i know it cos i did it when i did my leather conversion.

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
105 Posts
If what you're trying to do is separate the top of the armrest from the sliding mechanism, there are tabs in between the two. All you have to to is slide a flathead screwdriver in between and work it so you disengage the tabs. You'll hear them pop and they should come apart easily after that. Had to replace the same part in mine after the hinge tightened up on me and I accidentally broke it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Full directions

It's pretty straight forward. I've done three this way and never broke one. Put leather ones on instead of the cloth.

Remove the top unit from the back screws in the main console. Once removed, sit it in your lap and pull the sliding part of the armrest toward you. You will see two "grooves" on the upper part of the sliding plastic part. Tape up a long screw driver with a small flat head (about a .25") to protect the plastic. ALSO put some electrical tape over the large "ridge" stop in the upper sliding portion of the plastic underside of the rest. We will use that as a leverage point to pop the top off.

Push the screw drive pretty far down using the two grooves as a guide. NOW, work the rest back and forth on the slide and TRY to pull firmly toward you AS YOU put UP (or down depending on how you hold it) using the screwdriver until it pops off (use the taped ridge as a leverage point for the screw driver). If it is not giving then push the slide in more and push the screw driver a bit deeper and then try pull the slide toward you again. The screw driver is both to push a tab holder in back AS WELL AS FORCE THE UNIT TO "JUMP IT'S TRACKS."

Once off you will need to pop the cosmetic part of the upper rest from a plastic cover that will hide the screws to the buttons. put a small screw driver in one of the holes toward the front and torque it down to push or pop the plastic cover to reveal the screws. Just be careful and nothing will break;)

wow one of my olddd posts that i never gotten a chance to do. haha. thank you, i will try to stick a screwdriver in there.

·
7th Gear
4,887 Posts
This thread will come in handy not only for me, but 2 other members here that had the same thing happen.

We have a 2.5 year old Yellow Lab that loves to stand with her 2 front paws on the arm rest. Well after about 3 days of this, her 85 pounds pushed the cover off the frame. The 2 little tabs mentioned above, snapped right off.

Now we have a towel covering the top when she is in the car, and slide the leather cover on when she is not.

:thmsup:

·
Registered
105 Posts
This thread will come in handy not only for me, but 2 other members here that had the same thing happen.

We have a 2.5 year old Yellow Lab that loves to stand with her 2 front paws on the arm rest. Well after about 3 days of this, her 85 pounds pushed the cover off the frame. The 2 little tabs mentioned above, snapped right off.

Now we have a towel covering the top when she is in the car, and slide the leather cover on when she is not.

:thmsup:
Well, its been a couple of weeks. I've gone on vacation and just got back. However, I did happen to catch your post and I see now that both yours and mine both have been removed. But I would still like to reply to what you said.

First off I'd like to apologize for what I said. TBH, it was simply a very bad day for me and I just snapped at the perceived insult.

In my defense however, you have a habit of making smart a*s remarks on several of my posts and I have no idea why. Maybe it's your personality, mabe it's just me you have a problem with. You have also made many constructive and helpful comments, which is why I am confused by you and your statements.

In any case, if what you meant to say was what is posted above, you could have just said it plainly. We are all on here for our own reasons and many people may not appreciate your brand of humor.

That said, I hope you can accept my apology and know that I am sincere in offering it (no pun intended). I also hope that there are no hard feelings and that we can interact in a civil manner from here on out.

Well, that's my two cents.

·
7th Gear
4,887 Posts
No problem and no need for an apology. We all have bad days. :thmsup:

I have no "problem" with you but I am known to make a smart assed remark here and there.

You coming into an Accord site and making the statement that all Honda's are "Ricers" just because they are a Honda, probably added some fuel to the sarcasim.

=oOo SinSear oOo;853749]Thanks. It's rediculous how these fools think that they're superior in some way to everyone else because they call a car a ricer. News Flash: IT'S A HONDA !!! You dont have to make a single mod and it's still a ricer. There isn't a single customization out there that wouldn't make the car a ricer. We didn't create the culture...... Damned fools.
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=62082

or creating 2 threads about the same thing?

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=62133

Like I said, we all have bad days. Apology accepted but not needed. Actually, I had forgotten all about it.

I apologize to you, if I said anything that an apology is needed for.
If not, then save it for when it is needed.
:thumbsup:

PS, People come here everyday and ask for opinions on what they did to their car. If you don't like it, and say so. That makes you a "hater" or "negative" in some people's eyes, as it doesn't agree with what they think. Oh well. Life goes on.

Tell me what movie this is from and all will be OK-

"Lawrence.......Lawrence of Arabia.
He was an English guy.
He went to fight the Turkish.

Beep Beep, Beep Beep"

·
7th Gear
4,887 Posts
Anyone?

"Lawrence.......Lawrence of Arabia.
He was an English guy.
He went to fight the Turkish.