Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a white Accord coupe and decided this past weekend to plasti-dip the front and rear honda emblems as well as the chrome strips on the front grill and also the back chrome strip. I must say it turned out very well. For those who have done this, how well is it holding up? What kind of longevity can I expect and has anyone had to re-apply it? Was it difficult to get off if it has been on a while?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I have a white Accord coupe and decided this past weekend to plasti-dip the front and rear honda emblems as well as the chrome strips on the front grill and also the back chrome strip. I must say it turned out very well. For those who have done this, how well is it holding up? What kind of longevity can I expect and has anyone had to re-apply it? Was it difficult to get off if it has been on a while?
No problems with mine after approximately 1 year of PD.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anyone have a silver 9th gen plasti dipped? I have been wondering what is it that it looks like to de chrome a silver accord with plasti dip. Appreciate it if anyone can post a picture of their car !

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have my dip on for over a year now, front grill, emblem and rear emblem and they all still are holding up perfectly here in NY where we are having a pretty harsh winter so far.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Mine are holding up great. I'll post a pic in a few hours when I get to my car. I put on four coats and it was super easy to peel off the excess.. and it's stuck on the badges pretty strong even in the Chicago winter.

Just make sure you get a good brand. I got mine from Menard's (hardware store for those not familiar with Mendard's)

·
Registered
506 Posts
I plasti dipped the lower chrome piece on the front and rear bumpers and the grille, leaving the 'H' chrome.
It's been on for around 6 months with no issues.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Mine are holding up great. I'll post a pic in a few hours when I get to my car. I put on four coats and it was super easy to peel off the excess.. and it's stuck on the badges pretty strong even in the Chicago winter.

Just make sure you get a good brand. I got mine from Menard's (hardware store for those not familiar with Mendard's)
http://imgur.com/a/j6rmc

·
Registered
9 Posts
Plastidip holds pretty good I have a lexus with emblems and rims plastidip in flat black over a year now and still same way. I want to do his int he Accord too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts