Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience with koni yellow sports? They say they can be lowered up to 35mm, which is right around the drop of the H&R sport springs i'll probably use. However, I've recently seen a couple coupes with megan springs, and I really like the drop from them, which I think is around 2". I'm just wondering if it will be a little bit too much for the koni's/ struts in general. I'll definitely be using the bump stops to keep them from bottoming out internally.

I've thought long and hard about coilovers and was very close to buying some teins or bc's, but I want to keep close to stock comfort.

anyone?

·
Registered
747 Posts
I currently have Koni Yellow Shocks and H&R Sport Springs on my 09 Sedan. The shock itself only has a 15mm adjustment not 35mm adjustment for both front and rear. With this current setup, the front is perfect for what I wanted and the rear probably could use a bit more of a drop. I plan on using the lower perch on the rear shocks to drop it another 15mm to hopefully achieve a less raked look. I think they ride very nicely for the most part, it becomes apparent that you are lowered when going over rough roads. In my opinion it is firm but no where to be classified as uncomfortable. I've had my parents and grandparents in my car without any complaints if that means anything.

Here is a picture on 18" wheels:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like how it looks. I wonder if the sedan sits lower than the coupe with stock suspension. I've heard about the yellows being adjustable, but I couldn't tell how you adjust them by looking at the pics. So really, with h&r springs and strut adjustment, you can get right around a 2" drop. I'd rather have the h&r's instead of megan springs.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I like how it looks. I wonder if the sedan sits lower than the coupe with stock suspension. I've heard about the yellows being adjustable, but I couldn't tell how you adjust them by looking at the pics. So really, with h&r springs and strut adjustment, you can get right around a 2" drop. I'd rather have the h&r's instead of megan springs.
Its just a circlip where the spring seat rests that you can remove and place it in the lower slot.

You can see the lower slot under the spring seat in this picture that I took:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Does anyone have experience with koni yellow sports? They say they can be lowered up to 35mm, which is right around the drop of the H&R sport springs i'll probably use. However, I've recently seen a couple coupes with megan springs, and I really like the drop from them, which I think is around 2". I'm just wondering if it will be a little bit too much for the koni's/ struts in general. I'll definitely be using the bump stops to keep them from bottoming out internally.

I've thought long and hard about coilovers and was very close to buying some teins or bc's, but I want to keep close to stock comfort.
The Koni Yellows are a great option to keep the suspension mods simple. Being able to adjust the stiffness will let you dial the ride quality in to just where you want it. For maximum comfort, we recommend starting at full soft and adjusting from there.

Let us know what we can do to help out on the springs and shocks.

proimporttuners.com/parts/2010-honda/accord-suspension

1 - 5 of 5 Posts