Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently drive a 97 EX with 185K on it. I have always had all work done at Honda and have always gone with their recomendations for repairs ect. 5 Speed and looking to get another 100K miles on it. I am having the car painted next week and will post pics. New headlights, grill, windshield with new molding all around...Thinking about doing the H22 swap but if I don't I will just throw a new clutch in it....At this rate how many miles do you really think I can get out of this car?....All highway miles to work 50 miles round trip a day. :)

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
17,157 Posts
as for me:

93 accord retired at 367k miles
99 accord sold at 1xxk miles....

see sig for details.

·
Registered
2 Posts
97 LX - My first car - (which I still have and runs well) = 228,000
97 DX - Just bought. First "project" car = 234,000
2011 Ford F-150 XL LB Reg cab 3.7L V-6 - First truck = 7,000

·
Banned
517 Posts
Currently drive a 97 EX with 185K on it. I have always had all work done at Honda and have always gone with their recomendations for repairs ect. 5 Speed and looking to get another 100K miles on it. I am having the car painted next week and will post pics. New headlights, grill, windshield with new molding all around...Thinking about doing the H22 swap but if I don't I will just throw a new clutch in it....At this rate how many miles do you really think I can get out of this car?....All highway miles to work 50 miles round trip a day. :)
2006 AT V6 sedan in Nighthawk Black Pearl with about 125k .

·
Banned
260 Posts
2006 AT I4 Sedan in Alabaster Silver Metallic about to hit 113K and still running smooth

·
Registered
40 Posts
How many miles are on your Accord???

94 EX 5 Speed Manual -210,000 miles

Still runs like new!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mileage

I have a 1992 Accord LX with 48.636 miles. (Mileage documented)
This car was bought and maintained at the same dealership.
I am the 3rd owner.
All 3 of us were/are seniors and disabled.

It is the car that was owned by the little old lady that only drove it to church.
This is a fact.

·
Registered
40 Posts
1994 Accord LX 203,000 miles

Still going strong

·
Registered
217 Posts
346,000 and Counting

346,000 on my 1991 EX Coupe. I got it in 1993 with 39,000 miles. Has the original transmission but the engine was replaced with a JDM engine in 2003 at 232,000 miles. The only reason the engine failed was due to an oil leak (caused by a bad mechanic suspected who worked on it) after which the car was driven very low on oil for a week or two before realizing it.

It's a second car now. It's still reliable and dependable enough to be a primary daily driver which is why I don't sell it for for $1000 or less, which is probably all I could get, but there's no airbags or antilock brakes. I am considering an H22 swap in the future if my financial situation improves enough to waste money on a second car that's not really needed, but the current engine is still in good shape after 114,000 miles that I put on it. I'd also like to replace all the suspension bushings but don't want to spend any more money on it in my current situation and don't have tools or a garage to do that myself for cheap. I might sell it this year just to eliminate the extra expense of keeping a second car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm thinking of doing the same with the H22a good luck to you! Mine just rolled 200k over easter sunday. Check out my build thread in the Modify section.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Just bought a 1990 Accord LX coupe with 113,000 miles (now at 115k) after deciding to part ways with 07 after 145k miles (and consuming oil). GF got the Lexus and I set off to find a nice and clean example of a 4th gen (this has always been my favorite generation of the Accord). Finding a 20+ year old car that meets my standards is not easy...but I finally came accross the 90 Accord that was being sold by the original female owner. It isn't the 93 SE that I one day hope to find, but it will do...or I'll make it an SE. Back to the good 'ole 4th gen... these cars and roaches will be around long after humans.

It will serve as my highway trip car, just as the 07 did, so the miles will rack up quickly.

·
Cruisin Iowa...
190 Posts
Lighten up Grouch. He is just adding to the high milage post.
By the way, I have 1150 miles on mine.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts