Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

101 - 120 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just picked up a 1996 Accord EX Wagon auto with 91k miles. Thanks to the weekend it is now at 92k :)
Needed a little road tripper and this seems to be doing the job.

Just have to fix a few things here and there and find out someway to increase mpg (27 hwy).... I want allot more than that!

·
Don't hate on my color!!
2,314 Posts
I have a 94 Accord coupe with 125k miles that's starting to burn oil. It seems that a ring job and a new motor cost about the same, so I'll hold on until this one blows then replace the motor or the car. Everything else is in great shape though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
05 Accord LX - heather mist 147K- one owner...me. Still running strong - only issue so far have been the door actuator. Replaced both front doors, and replaced the door slides a few years ago. synthetic oil since 15K, long interval changes though.

original brakes until 97K only replaced them b/c I had new ones in my hand and had taken the wheels down thinking they were way overdue.

Just picked up my 15 EXL to get rid of my Camry (nice car but no soul).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 1993 Accord with 157,000 miles. I don't want to buy another car; my Honda has been a really good car. But, it has lots of rust. It was not garaged for many years. I'm thinking about having it painted, but don't want to pay a lot. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Brother in law just gave my daughter (just turned 16) his 97 Accord. Has 437k on the motor and original clutch (5 speed manual). He overheated it and warped the head. I purchased an engine, did the swap, and it lives again. Just hope she can get the mileage out this motor my brother in law did.

·
Registered
397 Posts
The 91 Lx has 165,XXX-H22a4
The 08 Ex has almost 51,XXX

·
Registered
42 Posts
95 sedan EX V6 177,XXX Not sure how accurate it is as my vss went on the fritz about a month ago but I'll be replacing that today so yeah.

·
The Keyless-Wonder
554 Posts
Hey everyone! Go vote for decals!!! :)

Oh, my 1992 had 214,000, and my 1983 had 235,000...rest their beautiful souls...:(

·
Registered
4 Posts
On 5/30/16 i bought a 1997 Accord EX 4 dr with 190,XXX miles Super Clean dark green 5 speed (manual)

Drove it to the lake with the oil in it. Easily put 500 miles on it already.
On the way back i got pulled over by a Sheriff for speeding. He asked me any reason i was speeding. I told him my speedometer was broken. He let me go with no ticket and even gave me directions back to the city. So before i run out of luck i would like to fix my speedometer.

Any suggestions? My dad said it was the speedometer sensor in the transmission.
Because sometimes it works and all of a sudden it will go to zero and vice versa from zero to the speed you are running.
Any help?

·
Registered
2 Posts
314,000 miles on my 1996 Honda Accord LX. My mom bought it brand new in 1996 and gave it to me when I was 21 in 2008. And yes, the engine and automatic transmission are original, never rebuilt. It's never even had the head gasket changed. Burns and leaks some oil though, lol. But it starts right up and drives smooth. I don't use it anymore but my roommate has been since his ford focus bit the dust. It's too bad it suffered early ugliness due to the crappy clear coat that started peeling before the car was even 5 years old.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Newly purchased 5th gen aka 1997 Accord Ex V6 205k Previous owner brought it up from florida perfect car. No rust whats so ever but a few dents near fender. No big deal so I'm thinking. Not sure how long ill keep it but ill drive it this summer for sure.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bought a little over a month ago 1995 with 207K for $500. Manual trans, F22B2, painted totally faded, everything needed replacement now its mod time!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought my '92 accord 2 years ago and right now it is sitting at 235k miles. I think it's also time to mod and make it a real commuter car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bought 1 owner '99 EXL V6 75 k.miles, car looked virtually new in & out, however wasn't aware of the inherent tranny problems, especially with the V6., had tranny rebuilt at 77 k.miles, shop stated that it wasn't urgent at the moment but suffering from OCD had to get it done lol...

101 - 120 of 133 Posts