Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

301 - 320 of 326 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
2011 HFP V-6 Coupe purchased in 2012 w/9600 on the odo.
Now showing just under 50k miles. I should probably sell it since it doesn't get used much now. Problem is there aren't any pickup trucks that get the gas mileage it does and have the get up and go it does too.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Now showing just under 50k miles. I should probably sell it since it doesn't get used much now. Problem is there aren't any pickup trucks that get the gas mileage it does and have the get up and go it does too.
Look at 2021 F150 Hybrid or wait for Tesla truck or similar.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't think an F150 will fit in my garage, which is another requirement. Sorry, forgot to add that bit of info.
I see. Well it will be hard to find something with high MPG. Good luck man! BTW I just sold my Accord already with a bit less than 60K miles.

·
2010 2.4EX
204 Posts
Now showing just under 50k miles. I should probably sell it since it doesn't get
used much now. Problem is there aren't any pickup trucks that get the gas
mileage it does and have the get up and go it does too.
New-gen or low mileage original Ridgeline, it's a no-brainer! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Awesome! What have you done to the car in terms of maintenance and repairs to keep it rolling to 233k?
I really haven't done much beyond routine maintenance. In fact, the car was out of my possession for three years (early 2017 to early 2020) and 40,000 miles during which time I know it was somewhat neglected. They did have to replace the alternator though. I got the car back with 219,000 and have since done: timing belt, water pump, valve adjustment, spark plugs, transmission service, tires, alignment, and several oil changes. I'm hoping for at least another 100,000!

·
Registered
691 Posts
I really haven't done much beyond routine maintenance. In fact, the car was out of my possession for three years (early 2017 to early 2020) and 40,000 miles during which time I know it was somewhat neglected. They did have to replace the alternator though. I got the car back with 219,000 and have since done: timing belt, water pump, valve adjustment, spark plugs, transmission service, tires, alignment, and several oil changes. I'm hoping for at least another 100,000!
One other question - did you “muzzle” the VCM system? I know it’s standard advice for the 8th gen V6s, but I haven’t touched mine, and to date (knocks wood) it does not burn any oil or experience misfires. Curious as to what your experience has been.

·
Registered
3 Posts
One other question - did you “muzzle” the VCM system? I know it’s standard advice for the 8th gen V6s, but I haven’t touched mine, and to date (knocks wood) it does not burn any oil or experience misfires. Curious as to what your experience has been.
I did have a misfiring problem somewhere around the 130,000 mile mark. I don't remember the exact details, but it was repaired by Perfection Honda in Rio Rancho, New Mexico and I haven't had the problem since. I had no idea the "muzzle" existed! But, with as much as I drive and since it's running fine, I don't think I'm going to mess with that (at least for now).

·
Registered
371 Posts
163k , timing belt , ac bracket , wheel bearings, few starts and alternators..... misfires every 3k miles around? its been fine lately in that department , a bit creaky upfront ....maybe brakes are squeeling?":

that 2008 join date though!!!

·
Madiganistan/Chicago
129 Posts
173k here, been using a decent amount of oil between changes lately...
PCV is new, I'm thinking coked rings...

·
Registered
691 Posts
this pick was taken at 305k but i am close to 307k now
That’s REALLY impressive. I wonder if you have the highest mileage 8G on this forum. Which year and trim level is your car? And has it needed any major repairs/work to get to 307k?

301 - 320 of 326 Posts