Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

341 - 347 of 347 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Honda Accord (LX)
163 Posts
'10 LX purchased September 2012 with 11k, now has 89k
I knew I posted in this thread before.

Got another 3.5k out of it (up to 92,500) before it met its unfortunate demise. I realized that I never actually showed the damage. So here it is:

·
Gearhead Girl 🤟
664 Posts
I knew I posted in this thread before.

Got another 3.5k out of it (up to 92,500) before it met its unfortunate demise. I realized that I never actually showed the damage. So here it is:
View attachment 530104
Ouch... was anybody hurt?

And I remember you posting about this before, did you ever decide on a replacement?

·
Registered
2010 Honda Accord (LX)
163 Posts
Ouch... was anybody hurt?

And I remember you posting about this before, did you ever decide on a replacement?
Thankfully nobody was seriously hurt. I sure am glad I had the Takata recall done on it a few years ago. My son was sitting in the passenger seat. Without that recall, it could have been much worse.

I'm still shopping around for replacements. Hard to find a good deal in this market. But based on various factors I've pretty much narrowed it down to Toyota/Lexus vs Honda/Acura. Finding a good deal on a Toyota/Lexus has been tough, so unless something good pops up, I'll probably end up in another Honda or even an Acura. I thought finding a good deal on an Acura was tough, but I did some searching and turns out the Acura TL happens to fit my needs and has gone down in value quite a bit, to the point where I'm finding several good deals. Both the TL and the 9th gen Accords have been hard to find, but usually when I have found them, they've been pretty solid deals. I hope to make a purchase by mid-summer.

Reactions: Ash051

·
Registered
891 Posts
First of all, WiiMaster, glad everyone was ok and that the Accord did its last job well.

Anyway, just a little mileage bump on the road to 200k:

·
Registered
5 Posts
2012 SE Sedan, Silver, 118,000 miles. This car replaced my beloved 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP with a supercharged 3.8 V6 and 135,000 miles. I loved that car, and I swear that 3.8L GM engine could have done another 100k miles, but everything else on that car was falling apart. The final nail in the coffin was the transmission was starting to slip and it was going to cost me way more than the car was worth to fix it. I was skeptical of "downgrading" to a 4-banger, but in August of 2012, I found that brand new SE on a dealer lot for $20,000 out the door. They really wanted to clear the 8th gen Accords out before the 9th gen 2013 models came in. I couldn't pass it up. Glad I did. This Accord has every ounce of power it had when it was new. It had two issues in the first year covered by warranty: the AC compressor went bad and they replaced it, then I had a screaming water pump bearing that got me a new water pump. Since then, never had an issue. Right now, my only complaint is the usual floppy driver's sun visor, and the fact that (with my fat hands) you gotta take out the stupid coolant reservoir to get at the front-passenger side parking/turn signal light. Oh well. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
2009 Honda Accord EX, just a hair over 200k miles. I bought it brand new in November 2008 with 8mi on the odometer. It was my daily driver until 2015 when I bought an Infiniti Q50. The Accord became the car I would drive for work at that point, I would drive the Infiniti on the weekends/for fun. Came to my senses in December 2020 and got rid of the Infiniti and got another Honda. This time an Accord 2.0T Sport. Awesome car. I continue to drive the 2009 Accord for work, as the commuter car. Anyone know how long this thing will last LOL!! I've babied it from day one. Hoping to get it to 250k.

341 - 347 of 347 Posts