Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

361 - 380 of 382 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
2012 Coupe 6MT, 93K. Bought it from a dealer here in Socal. I paid extra for a 5 year powertrain warranty like a dumb ass ($1900 ugh) , and then realized once I got home that I was going to need to do the timing belt soon anyways. I could have used the money from the warranty to pay for the timing belt. Oh well, whats done is done. No regrets I LOVE my car.

·
Registered
944 Posts
My gold Accord EXL was purchased in August '08 and has given me over 218,000 care-free miles in 13 years.... it remains to be seen if my 2018 Hybrid Touring (35k miles) will match the reliability of the '08, but it's a much better car overall.
View attachment 531101
Aside from routine maintenance, any repairs needed?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Very cool! How has it held up over the years and (all those) miles? Any major repairs or issues?
Let's see besides brakes. I have one replacement headlight (my aftermarket hids melted the housing) and my power steering hard return line rusted through and I replaced it for like 38 bucks with the OEM piece .. best car ever.
Want to look at electric etc but it's just keeps starting

Fyi maintenance minder oil changes with full synthetic , cheapest I can find , (10k to 12k miles). Tranny fluid drained and filled every 40 50k

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Gearhead Girl 🤟
806 Posts
Grandma-esque driver of the forum checking in once again!

Wonder what the dealer's gonna say tomorrow when they see I've put on ~1,500 miles in one year...

·
Turbo lag
1,524 Posts
Grandma-esque driver of the forum checking in once again!
View attachment 531268
Wonder what the dealer's gonna say tomorrow when they see I've put on ~1,500 miles in one year...
I've driven that much in a single day in the Accord 😅 .

The sales department would probably want to buy it from you and offer to put you in a new Accord at your current monthly payment :LOL:.

·
Gearhead Girl 🤟
806 Posts
The sales department would probably want to buy it from you and offer to put you in a new Accord at your current monthly payment :LOL:.
Ugh, you're probably right! NOT looking forward to being put on the list for those spammy "I need to buy your car" offers that I keep reading about.

I was stopped at a red light on my commute home from work today and I snuck a peek at their used car lot. It's slim pickings... 😬

·
Registered
234 Posts
I was just looking at records my aunt kept for the Accord I bought from her. The brake pads look a bit thin, so I wanted to see when they were last replaced. But I also saw that Midas had the nerve to charge her $36 bucks for labor for replacing the cabin filter. Plus an extra $20 for the filter. That's barely a 3 minute job. I know they have minimum labor charges that don't go by the minute, but still, what a rip-off. It's one of the easiest things an owner can do themselves. I'm convinced most auto shops still in business solely by gouging the older demographic, especially women.

·
Turbo lag
1,524 Posts

The forgotten coupe has 118,297 miles on it, the sedan will probably hit 180K before end of tomorrow.

Reactions: DerekWildstar

·
Turbo lag
1,524 Posts
Reactions: dgates01

·
8th Gen Believer
4,066 Posts
I bought the car in 2012 with 48k, now it's at 152k. About 11.5k per year average. All big city driving. Most trouble free car I've owned, so far...

Reactions: DerekWildstar

·
Gearhead Girl 🤟
806 Posts
Head lady of the turtle squad checking in with another modest mileage milestone!
BC6E1BF5-5D0A-405B-8CE8-DC8E0B187905.jpeg

So, in other words, I'm working too much. Just means I can afford to buy more videogames!

361 - 380 of 382 Posts