Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many miles did your Accord have on it when you picked it up form the dealer? I'm looking for a new accord and saw a new car with 122 miles on it... Isn't that too many for a new car?

·
RIP my Acorn
566 Posts
Cars occasionally have to be transported from one dealer to another. Also, it may have been used for test drives (not a demo, necessarily). Who knows what else. I have done Pre Delivery Inspections at a Honda dealership and have seen mileage from 1 to 600+. As long as a car hasn't been titled, it is "new".

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
227 Posts
my car had 3 miles

I wouldn't worry about 122 miles. Likey test drive miles, or a dealer trade. Very Uinlikely the car was abused

·
Tampa FL
373 Posts
mine had 12; but i basically got it from the truck

·
ZMOWEN
86 Posts
Mine had 56.6 at signing, 8 of which were from my test drive and the rest from it being driven from a dealership in York, Pa to Harrisburg, PA.

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
5 years from now whether it's 12 or 122 it won't matter. You can always wait to get one off the truck with under 10 miles. These cars are a dime a dozen, there is no such thing as the one that got away.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Mine had 26 miles. It was a dealer trade. Also, my salesman drove it to get it tinted.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Mine had 2 when I signed...3 when I left the lot after they did tint.

As mentioned above 122 isn't anything. I test drove a few that had less than 10 and when I was done they had 30ish and I didn't buy. I'm sure it is from people test driving the car or transportation between local dealers.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Mine had 60 on it - it was a dealer trade to get me the color I was interested in.

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,057 Posts
36 miles on the original title. Some was from me test driving it and driving it home.

·
Stayin Classy...
516 Posts
I had 2000 miles on my white V6 EX-L coupe because it was the Managers car, but I picked it up fully loaded with a trailer hitch installed for my dirt bike trailer for 27,000$.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
Mine had 7 miles on it right off the truck. When I took delivery it had 14.

Our 2013 Odyssey had 253mi when bought new. It was a dealer trade that someone backed out of when the time came to sign. Their loss, my gain as I got a phenominal deal.

Jay

·
Banned
308 Posts
Guys this is an important question that I was also thinking about. When I went for a test drive the dealer just pulled around a car and let me take it out ALONE. I put on 5 or 7 miles but I WASN'T GENTLE to it! Now let's say I buy a car and it comes with "only" 57 miles. Could be that this car was test driven by 12 different Yahoos like myself who all smoked the tires off lights and screeched around the offramps. NOW combine that thought with the common wisdom shown in owners manuals of basically "don't drive the car hard for the first [500-1000] miles to allow everything to "break in" properly.

In my mind, I want a car that HASN'T been on any test drives, personally.

·
Stayin Classy...
516 Posts
^ agreed, but I try not to think about that. I guess if something was going to break because of those test drives, they would most likely give out under the 60k warrantee (I hope).

·
Registered
103 Posts
Guys this is an important question that I was also thinking about. When I went for a test drive the dealer just pulled around a car and let me take it out ALONE. I put on 5 or 7 miles but I WASN'T GENTLE to it! Now let's say I buy a car and it comes with "only" 57 miles. Could be that this car was test driven by 12 different Yahoos like myself who all smoked the tires off lights and screeched around the offramps. NOW combine that thought with the common wisdom shown in owners manuals of basically "don't drive the car hard for the first [500-1000] miles to allow everything to "break in" properly.

In my mind, I want a car that HASN'T been on any test drives, personally.
Very good thinking...

1 - 20 of 55 Posts