Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious. My wife thought I was absolutely crazy when I installed a ductless AC/heatpump unit in our 2-car garage. I'm finding that I absolutely love having the heated garage (which I generally leave set at 50 deg so it barely runs). The ductless heat pump is quite efficient (as long as the temps stay over about 10 deg F). But when I really get to thinking about it, I know the wife has a point; it's a bit ridiculous. There are homeless people that can't get warm and here I am keeping my inanimate objects nice and climate controlled.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts

·
6MT JUNKIE
719 Posts
I garage mine :)

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Mine is garaged, not heated or air conditioned.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I garage mine but it's AC'ed in the winter and heated in the summertime.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Bah....Mine lives outside 24/7, 365. And my house is between two rows of trees that make keeping it clean a PITA. But this being my first home purchase, I could not locate a house with a garage (or a garage with a house LOL) in my price range. Next time a garage is a must have for me.

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,057 Posts
This could probably be moved to the General Drive section.

No point in heating my garage since PHX doesn't freeze.
No point in AC-ing my garage, because a little bit of heat never hurt a car.

It's an Accord, not a Ferrari F40.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good stuff. After I first installed it over the summer I cranked the AC temp as low as I could get it (with car inside). When I pulled out into the heat/humidity, all of the car windows immediately fogged up :D

·
Super Moderator
7,849 Posts
:lmao: and it's free!

Good stuff. After I first installed it over the summer I cranked the AC temp as low as I could get it (with car inside). When I pulled out into the heat/humidity, all of the car windows immediately fogged up :D
You may not have gotten mode360's point, re-read it again above. ;-)

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
I live in a townhouse with many, many trees around it (one of which cost me a $6300 plumbing bill in September from tree roots, but I digress...). I park in my yard off the street, but it's not covered. I wish I had a garage :-(

·
Registered
265 Posts
2 car garage here. No climate control, although it's not really needed. It does get warm in there in summer, but I can deal. It's still 10x better than parking outside.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm a city girl and park on the street but with a garage at work all day. I have to say the paint on my silver 2003 EX-L looked brand new the day the car died.

·
9th Gen Coupe
825 Posts
Garaged in a three car garage. Would hate to go to a cold/hot car every morning.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 55 Posts