Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I got a quotation for all windows tinted (7 windows) for $275. Is it a fair price? :-/ I feel they tryna rip me off

·
Banned
347 Posts
Call around and get quotes from multiple local installers. Mobile installers tends to be a little cheaper than an actual shop. Prices will also fluctuate by the tint film you want. For example for my coupe I was quoted $180 for 3M FX series, $220 for 3M CS and $450+ for 3M crystalline.

·
Former H Master Tech
318 Posts
Between $100-$400. Your usually paying for the quality of the tint, but you can get a decent tint installed for around $200.

·
Thunder Up!
2,559 Posts
I paid $100 for my car and $100 for the wifey's '13 Civic sedan. Tint looks quality actually. Has had a ton of people use him, has a FB page, etc. Said he does it for a little extra, but likes staying busy so he charges slightly less to stay busy and get more people. I had a nice quality 3M tint on my '04 TL (paid $220 for it) and this looks every bit as good. I'd check around. Location you're in is also going to play a small part.

·
Registered
296 Posts
it depends on what material the tint is using. the labor cost doesn't differ wildly, so try to find a shop with good reviews that will offer the tint type most suited to you. Ceramic tints are more expensive, but don't fade and offer better UV protection, whereas just tinted plastic will be less functional. I got ceramic 35% on all windows for about 300 if i remember right

·
Registered
608 Posts
Make sure they do the rear window properly. The rear parcel shelf has to be removed due to the center mounted brake light. Most of the cheaper fly by night places wont do this so your rear window doesn't get done right. You get what you pay for.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I paid $145 at a shop, and they guarantee against bubbles for the lifetime of the car. I had used that same shop for 3 previous cars and they never bubbled.

·
Luv2Drum
119 Posts
Paid $175.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
it depends on what material the tint is using. the labor cost doesn't differ wildly, so try to find a shop with good reviews that will offer the tint type most suited to you. Ceramic tints are more expensive, but don't fade and offer better UV protection, whereas just tinted plastic will be less functional. I got ceramic 35% on all windows for about 300 if i remember right
You must have gotten the Formula One Pinnacle Series Ceramic Tint with the Lifetime Guarantee? That's what I went with and also got 35% all around.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
Mine was $200 for Llumar.

Jay

·
Registered
71 Posts
You must have gotten the Formula One Pinnacle Series Ceramic Tint with the Lifetime Guarantee?

^This. Paid 375 for mine. Done by "the best window film installer in the USA".

Haha,lame, but apparently that's a real thing, but that probably also cost a premium.

This tint is great, is guaranteed, is legal, and warranty is transferable so will help resale. Also blocks UV and up to 55% of heat gain...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
394 Posts
Llumar is definitely cheaper than 3M Color Stable. I had Llumar on my 2008 Accord and 3M on my current Accord. I say go with the Llumar brand (around $150 or cheaper) and safe the $$ for other mods. Not saying 3M isn't better, but I wish I would have gone the Llumar route again.

·
Registered
100 Posts
$200 Llumar

·
Registered
109 Posts
Got my 3M crystalline for 275 for rear windows and rear windshield. Bay Area, CA

·
Registered
428 Posts
I got quoted $180 for the rear doors and rear window using lifetime warrantied LlumaStar CTX film. Getting it done Monday morning.....

·
Registered
401 Posts
$265 for mine. Great shop and great tint.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts