Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

How much does window tint cost?

84K views 59 replies 51 participants last post by  GreenandGold831 
#1 ·
Hi guys. I got a quotation for all windows tinted (7 windows) for $275. Is it a fair price? :-/ I feel they tryna rip me off

#2 ·
Call around and get quotes from multiple local installers. Mobile installers tends to be a little cheaper than an actual shop. Prices will also fluctuate by the tint film you want. For example for my coupe I was quoted $180 for 3M FX series, $220 for 3M CS and $450+ for 3M crystalline.

#3 ·
Between $100-$400. Your usually paying for the quality of the tint, but you can get a decent tint installed for around $200.

#4 ·
I paid $100 for my car and $100 for the wifey's '13 Civic sedan. Tint looks quality actually. Has had a ton of people use him, has a FB page, etc. Said he does it for a little extra, but likes staying busy so he charges slightly less to stay busy and get more people. I had a nice quality 3M tint on my '04 TL (paid $220 for it) and this looks every bit as good. I'd check around. Location you're in is also going to play a small part.

#6 ·
it depends on what material the tint is using. the labor cost doesn't differ wildly, so try to find a shop with good reviews that will offer the tint type most suited to you. Ceramic tints are more expensive, but don't fade and offer better UV protection, whereas just tinted plastic will be less functional. I got ceramic 35% on all windows for about 300 if i remember right

#7 ·
Make sure they do the rear window properly. The rear parcel shelf has to be removed due to the center mounted brake light. Most of the cheaper fly by night places wont do this so your rear window doesn't get done right. You get what you pay for.

#8 ·
I paid $145 at a shop, and they guarantee against bubbles for the lifetime of the car. I had used that same shop for 3 previous cars and they never bubbled.

#13 ·
Llumar is definitely cheaper than 3M Color Stable. I had Llumar on my 2008 Accord and 3M on my current Accord. I say go with the Llumar brand (around $150 or cheaper) and safe the $$ for other mods. Not saying 3M isn't better, but I wish I would have gone the Llumar route again.

#18 ·
I got quoted $180 for the rear doors and rear window using lifetime warrantied LlumaStar CTX film. Getting it done Monday morning.....

#22 ·
Any number over $200 is overpaying. I was a car audio guy in another life, and did tint at that shop. Also have tinted, or paid to have tinted probably 20 cars of my own after that, and I've never paid over (or charged over) $200.

My current car (see sig) has high end ceramic lifetime warranty tint that I paid to have done, and they charged me $185. I had this same film in my last car, and it looked just like it did the day I had it done 5 years and 90k miles later, and I don't garage my car.

$300 for a tint job is a joke. Stay away.

#24 ·
Nice blanket statement... i congratulate you on your luck, but in my experience, i've had cheap tints done very well, moderately priced tints that i've taken a car back to multiple times to fix their mistakes, and everything in between. so i'll just pay the premium ($270 after looking on receipt) and have it done by a shop that does it right the first time (yeah one of those places the luxury dealers use), rather than chance it to save a few dollars. I won't stay away, and I'm happy to give that little extra without having to think twice about the quality of the job and material. Find me a cheaper place in Austin that will tint the amount of windows on the Accord and do it amazingly the first time, and i'll take it all back :thmsup:

#23 ·
Swap shop Sunrise, FL $40 bucks ... 3 year warranty against bubble, fade etc.
Perfect for a leased vehicle i guess ?

#27 ·
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=79347

I found my tint guy on craigslist before I got my coupe. I was very skeptical at first cause, obviously, its on craigslist. I bit the bullet and went.... I felt so much better when I arrive at a location where you can tell its a really nice neighborhood and houses are at least $150k.

Anyway, no peeling or fade using Llumar tint for $100.

#28 ·
I know this is old thread but have a specific question. I just had my windows tinted. My question is how it looks on the back door windows. I can see like the inside trim now that windows are tinted. Was wondering if this is a normal look on all Accords. I would post pic but don't know how on forum.
Thanks

#30 ·
I got SunTek CarbonXP on everything except the windshield for $190, using a Groupon deal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.