Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have this model that can tell me if there's supposed to be a lock on the outside of the passenger side door?

I just bought this car, I don't know what happened to the door. The key fob doesn't lock or unlock the passenger door.
This is what the door lock looks like:

From looking at the service manual, I'm guessing that I'm going to have to replace the actuator? Or is there a chance that I just have to replace the plastic lock part? But that doesn't make sense because I would think that the key fob would work if it was just the plastic screw part.

·
HK Moderator
14,214 Posts
You never came back and thanked anyone- nor said what you learned, in your water leak thread:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You never came back and thanked anyone- nor said what you learned, in your water leak thread:
I haven't fixed it yet. I have to pick up some weed whacker line and try to run it through the sunroof drains and see if that fixes it.

·
Premium Member
1,931 Posts
Assuming you've verified that the battery in the remote is "good", so, you'll have to determine if the actual lock or the actuator is NG.
I sprayed some silicone in the drivers door lock a couple of years ago when my coupe's passenger side lock was not working right...and once I did that, it freed up the actuator to do its thing and all has been well since then...never had to replace either the lock or actuator.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Assuming you've verified that the battery in the remote is "good", so, you'll have to determine if the actual lock or the actuator is NG.
I sprayed some silicone in the drivers door lock a couple of years ago when my coupe's passenger side lock was not working right...and once I did that, it freed up the actuator to do its thing and all has been well since then...never had to replace either the lock or actuator.
can you elaborate a bit more on spraying some silicone part? my driver's side won't lock/unlock either, although when i pull up or push down on the tab then it unlocks/locks all the doors. it also sometimes works when i use the unlock button on the side of the door, but not always. does not work with a keyfob though.

·
Premium Member
1,931 Posts
can you elaborate a bit more on spraying some silicone part?
Pretty easy..on my coupe's driver door I have a keyed lock, so I bought the can of silicone spray made for locks(forgot the brand name?) and took the red tube and inserted it in the lock opening (do it with the window up, of course) and then kept spraying, then turning the lock with actual key and just kept working it, until it acted "normal"...
Like I said, my passenger side lock was not working, I believe, because the door lock(driver side) had dried out and required too much force from the actuator.
Everything works off the driver door because it must be unlocked first, before the others.

·
1,926 Posts
Actuators are a known weak spot on that gen. I had to replace both of them. I normally try to do things like that myself but there were so many things to be removed like film seals and such that I ultimately gave up and took the partially disassembled door (and car) to the dealer. The first time. Second time, I just took it there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts