Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey how everyone doing........ i was wondering i just bought a 2003 honda accord ex with 2008 honda accord coupe v6 rims, how much should i drop to cover the gap between the rims and body?

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Pro kit if it is a daily driver. If you really want to lower and dont mind scrapping stuff then you can go lower. I have the pro kit on my 03 with EX wheels. See Avatar. It leaves a little gap with 17 inch wheels.

·
Registered
1 Posts
question about tein stech.

i have an 03 accord coupe 4cyl and i want to drop it. im on a tight budget and need to spend the least amount possible. this is the website with the different springs

http://www.andysautosport.com/honda/2003_2007_accord/suspension/lowering_springs/tein/

i wasnt sure which lowering size to get. im not looking to get drop it too much. also what else do i need to replace? strut or anything like that?

thanks for the help!

·
aka 'The Gif King'
803 Posts
You on a tight budget? Then i'd suggest holding off until you got some dough to spend.

It's more than just finding 150 dollars springs.

You still gotta get a Camber kit which can cost $100+

New shocks because your OEM ones will blow out, good shocks could cost $400+

Get at alignment, $60+

And if you don't get a Camber kit, then your tires will wear out very very quickly, and that cost money to replace them, new tires + mounth&balance, you said you got 17" rims? Maybe another $400+

Your choice. Goodluck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went with Tein STECH leaves a very little gap but looks great. You can get them for 160 or so shipped. More info and pictures in my signature link.

I have a 2003 Stock Honda accord LX. I just put back on my Stance rims 19”. Tires 235x35z R19. Cutting the springs to lower it 2” the best way to go??

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Cutting the springs to lower it 2” the best way to go??
This guy cut his springs, and he is a pillar of respect to the community and embodiment of human achievement.

(If we started talking about cutting springs in a thread about "dropping" a car, it's probably a good time to close it.)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts