Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Reverse
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two weeks ago I finally pulled the trigger and purchased my 2014 accord sport. I woke up this morning to take some friends to the football game (I live on campus at The University of Tennessee) only to find that some ***hole hit my car and didn't have the courtesy to leave any sort of information. Needless to say, thats a very crappy thing to do, but I am also at fault for thinking i could safely park a brand new car on the side of the street at a college campus. Whoever hit me left a nice dent in my front left quarter panel. Luckily it didn't damage the hood or the driver door at all. Here are 3 different angles of the dent. Any idea how much this might cost me to repair? Thanks guys.

Taylor

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Wheel

Tire Alloy wheel Automotive tire Wheel Vehicle

·
Registered
416 Posts
Did you try pushing it out from the inside?
Its an easy fix for a shop, if you know anyone that works at a shop they can probably fix it for $200-$300

OR try this

·
Registered
230 Posts

Attachments

·
Elvira
3,610 Posts
Did you try pushing it out from the inside?
Its an easy fix for a shop, if you know anyone that works at a shop they can probably fix it for $200-$300

OR try this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILVWPzO_swY
I have seen this method work on small dents that are located in a "smooth" area and not too deep. Unfortunately this dent is on or across a crease in the bodywork.

You probably can push from other side but that crease is going to be a pain unless you have the proper tools.

Miker

·
Registered
416 Posts
I have seen this method work on small dents that are located in a "smooth" area and not too deep. Unfortunately this dent is on or across a crease in the bodywork.

You probably can push from other side but that crease is going to be a pain unless you have the proper tools.

Miker

There was a video on YouTube of a guy doing it on a crease
And it worked, plus it won't hurt spending $5 to try...

·
Elvira
3,610 Posts
There was a video on YouTube of a guy doing it on a crease
And it worked, plus it won't hurt spending $5 to try...
I stand corrected and 5$ to try IS at least worth a try.
Anyway give it try and to the OP, let us know if it does fix i.

Miker

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
It's gonna be tough for PDR to work on a body line but you can check with one of them. Sorry this happened. :(

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Looking very, very carefully at your fender, I see the words "War Eagle" in that dent.

You need to get that repaired quickly!

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
As the part cost about $210 and the labor to fix the dent is going to be higher than that, I would buy a new front fender and have it painted at the Honda Dealer body shop and replace it. You could do all the labor and save money, otherwise I assume you have insurance but you most likely have a high deductible.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Simple. You must have insurance. You also must have uninsured motorists coverage. Deductible on that is usually around $300 bucks. Swallow the pain, take it to a body shop and 1 day later you will be good to go.

·
Reverse
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
Is there campus security video? When I was in college in the late 90s the entire campus was being recorded.

Jay

·
Registered
901 Posts
Insurance is your friend. Comprehensive will cover this. I lowered my comp deductible to $100...cost me $37 a year more than the standard $250 deductible, but great piece of mind and I've taken advantage of it many times.

·
Fail Zero bcg
536 Posts
so sorry to hear about this , some people are just scumbags and should be put in jail for leaving the scene of an accident. I hope it gets fixed without costing you any money. This is the exact reason I do not own super expensive cars anymore .

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
Insurance is your friend. Comprehensive will cover this. I lowered my comp deductible to $100...cost me $37 a year more than the standard $250 deductible, but great piece of mind and I've taken advantage of it many times.
Mine is $0. It already paid for itself on my TSX when the windshield was busted and the hood dented by flying debris. I think it's something like $50 more every 6 months than a $250 deductible.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I thought we could make the insurance company to pay for this since this is considered a hit-and-run case? :-?

·
Registered
901 Posts
You don't make insurance pay for anything. You're covered or you're not.

·
Reverse
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Karma must be in my favor. I called a guy that hops around from dealership to dealership doing Paintless Dent Repairs. I met up with him, he poked at it for about 10 minutes and the result was astonishing. I tried to pay him but he wouldn't accept any money. It's not 100%, but I can't even describe how happy I am to not have to pay the $450 I originally had it estimated at!
Tire Alloy wheel Automotive tire Wheel Vehicle

Alloy wheel Tire Automotive tire Wheel Rim

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
Nice!!!!

Beer Money!

Jay

1 - 20 of 22 Posts