Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Reverse
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two weeks ago I finally pulled the trigger and purchased my 2014 accord sport. I woke up this morning to take some friends to the football game (I live on campus at The University of Tennessee) only to find that some ***hole hit my car and didn't have the courtesy to leave any sort of information. Needless to say, thats a very crappy thing to do, but I am also at fault for thinking i could safely park a brand new car on the side of the street at a college campus. Whoever hit me left a nice dent in my front left quarter panel. Luckily it didn't damage the hood or the driver door at all. Here are 3 different angles of the dent. Any idea how much this might cost me to repair? Thanks guys.

Taylor

IMG_0614.jpg

IMG_0615.jpg

IMG_0616.jpg

·
Registered
417 Posts
Did you try pushing it out from the inside?
Its an easy fix for a shop, if you know anyone that works at a shop they can probably fix it for $200-$300

OR try this

·
Registered
230 Posts

Attachments

·
Elvira
3,442 Posts
Did you try pushing it out from the inside?
Its an easy fix for a shop, if you know anyone that works at a shop they can probably fix it for $200-$300

OR try this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILVWPzO_swY
I have seen this method work on small dents that are located in a "smooth" area and not too deep. Unfortunately this dent is on or across a crease in the bodywork.

You probably can push from other side but that crease is going to be a pain unless you have the proper tools.

Miker

·
Registered
417 Posts
I have seen this method work on small dents that are located in a "smooth" area and not too deep. Unfortunately this dent is on or across a crease in the bodywork.

You probably can push from other side but that crease is going to be a pain unless you have the proper tools.

Miker

There was a video on YouTube of a guy doing it on a crease
And it worked, plus it won't hurt spending $5 to try...

·
Elvira
3,442 Posts
There was a video on YouTube of a guy doing it on a crease
And it worked, plus it won't hurt spending $5 to try...
I stand corrected and 5$ to try IS at least worth a try.
Anyway give it try and to the OP, let us know if it does fix i.

Miker

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
It's gonna be tough for PDR to work on a body line but you can check with one of them. Sorry this happened. :(

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Looking very, very carefully at your fender, I see the words "War Eagle" in that dent.

You need to get that repaired quickly!

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
As the part cost about $210 and the labor to fix the dent is going to be higher than that, I would buy a new front fender and have it painted at the Honda Dealer body shop and replace it. You could do all the labor and save money, otherwise I assume you have insurance but you most likely have a high deductible.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Simple. You must have insurance. You also must have uninsured motorists coverage. Deductible on that is usually around $300 bucks. Swallow the pain, take it to a body shop and 1 day later you will be good to go.

·
Reverse
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
Is there campus security video? When I was in college in the late 90s the entire campus was being recorded.

Jay

·
Registered
901 Posts
Insurance is your friend. Comprehensive will cover this. I lowered my comp deductible to $100...cost me $37 a year more than the standard $250 deductible, but great piece of mind and I've taken advantage of it many times.

·
Fail Zero bcg
536 Posts
so sorry to hear about this , some people are just scumbags and should be put in jail for leaving the scene of an accident. I hope it gets fixed without costing you any money. This is the exact reason I do not own super expensive cars anymore .

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
Insurance is your friend. Comprehensive will cover this. I lowered my comp deductible to $100...cost me $37 a year more than the standard $250 deductible, but great piece of mind and I've taken advantage of it many times.
Mine is $0. It already paid for itself on my TSX when the windshield was busted and the hood dented by flying debris. I think it's something like $50 more every 6 months than a $250 deductible.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I thought we could make the insurance company to pay for this since this is considered a hit-and-run case? :-?

·
Registered
901 Posts
You don't make insurance pay for anything. You're covered or you're not.

·
Reverse
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Karma must be in my favor. I called a guy that hops around from dealership to dealership doing Paintless Dent Repairs. I met up with him, he poked at it for about 10 minutes and the result was astonishing. I tried to pay him but he wouldn't accept any money. It's not 100%, but I can't even describe how happy I am to not have to pay the $450 I originally had it estimated at!
IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0894.jpg

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
Nice!!!!

Beer Money!

Jay

1 - 20 of 22 Posts