Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I know this is a very user pinion ated question, but how often do you sport mode in your car? The reason I ask is because I usually try to use sport mode just around my local town or if I have to do rapid acceleration quickly. I don't like using it on the highway cuz I feel like it kills gas mileage...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
332 Posts
It's seldom that I use it, I like to preserve gas a bit.

Reactions: BuickNut

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the instantaneous throttle response. I've tried to use paddles in normal mode, the problem is that when you start accelerating and no more with paddles the transmission automatically up shifts it doesn't holy gear in sport mode Jose years and I was way more aggressive throttle response. But I know what you mean..

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, it's not exactly the power, it's the instant throttle response. But I know what you mean. like I said, I tried using two paddles in normal mode, but the transmission doesn't hold a low gear for very long, and then it auto up shifts. In comparison in sport mode it holds the gear until you shift up. yeah, that instant aggressive throttle response is awesome in sport mode! Which is also what kills gas mileage.. hahaha

·
Registered
164 Posts
I dont use it on the 1.5 CVT right now as it never seems to automatically move to "position" 7, which drops the RPM.

I have asked the dealer if this is normal but as yet I dont have an official response.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gotcha. I have to 10 speed Auto, and it's very smooth. Shifts are usually pretty quick.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I use it occasionally when I am leaving work and decide to take back roads home instead of the highway. Yesterday I used it a few times passing people on a 2 lane highway. It does hurt gas mileage because it revs higher in sport mode, but hey it's fun!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I use it occasionally when I am leaving work and decide to take back roads home instead of the highway. Yesterday I used it a few times passing people on a 2 lane highway. It does hurt gas mileage because it revs higher in sport mode, but hey it's fun!
Oh hell, I agree! Sport mode is fun as hell! yeah, usually I use it to pass people quickly or on back roads and drive aggressively and fun!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I always leave mine in Econ Mode. When I need to accelerate quickly I use the instant Sport Mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fair enough fair enough. I stopped using econ mode because it doesn't save any bit of gas and it really makes it throttle response sluggish. Ughhhh

·
2018 LX
171 Posts
Fair enough fair enough. I stopped using econ mode because it doesn't save any bit of gas and it really makes it throttle response sluggish. Ughhhh

I have a lead foot, the Econs sluggish helps smooths things out. I've compared Econ and Normal several times and found it does saves some gas, not as much as I thought but some.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have a lead foot, the Econs sluggish helps smooths things out. I've compared Econ and Normal several times and found it does saves some gas, not as much as I thought but some.

Oh wow, gotcha! The couple times I used econ mode it doesn't really help on my driving style. yeah, I'll admit, I have a lead foot in normal mode, and especially in sport mode where the car darts off like a rocket!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Mine is always in sport when it is not on the interstate, or somewhere that i'd be cruising 50-60mph for long periods.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts