Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 40 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
I typically use it on the back roads and when merging. Since I sit in a lot of traffic the car is in Eco most of the time.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Sport mode was fun with the paddle shifters in my 2015 V6 AT coupe.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I switch to S when I know I am going to need to move quickly, for example before merging into the next lane without inconveniencing the driver behind me AND on mountain passes either going up or going down. I know brake pads are cheap and transmission is expensive, but I like to use engine braking to keep my speed under control while going downhill.

·
2018 LX
171 Posts
Instant Sport Mode = Foot to the floor which cancels whatever Mode your in and gives you full power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Instant Sport Mode = Foot to the floor which cancels whatever Mode your in and gives you full power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep yep yep foot to the floor gives you instant torque!
I switch to S when I know I am going to need to move quickly, for example before merging into the next lane without inconveniencing the driver behind me AND on mountain passes either going up or going down. I know brake pads are cheap and transmission is expensive, but I like to use engine braking to keep my speed under control while going downhill.
Yeah I feel the same exact way! When going down town hills or anything like that engine braking. My fiance still doesn't get that she never will. But I've always driven a 6 speed manual up untill now, so I understand what exactly what you mean!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
161 Posts
Being a highway driver 80% of the time, I'd like to have the instant throttle response of sport mode on all the time but don't like how when it's on, and I'm cruising on the freeway at 70mph, Sport mode keeps the RPMs about 300rpm over normal and econ mode. If I'm cruising at that speed, it'd be nice to have the RPMs lower to save on fuel a bit.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Being a highway driver 80% of the time, I'd like to have the instant throttle response of sport mode on all the time but don't like how when it's on, and I'm cruising on the freeway at 70mph, Sport mode keeps the RPMs about 300rpm over normal and econ mode. If I'm cruising at that speed, it'd be nice to have the RPMs lower to save on fuel a bit.
Yeah trust me I know exactly what you mean.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Highway=Econ Mode
Two Lane Highway=Econ generally w/Sport Mode passing when needed.
City=Sport Mode
Yep yep. However, when you're in your local Town / City you constantly keep it in sport mode? I'm playing around with the idea of when I'm in town to drive more so in sport mode.

·
OBSIDIANBLUE
515 Posts
Constantly.
It seems to engine brake much better and in the city you every time you get going you have to stop.So letting off the gas in sport mode is basically putting on the brakes.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Do you find that your gas mileage suffers though?

To be honest, I don’t even focus on gas mileage. It would suffer anyways, I have a lead foot.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
To be honest, I don’t even focus on gas mileage. It would suffer anyways, I have a lead foot.
True that true that. I guess I focus a little too much on gas mileage because I'm used to getting about 27 MPG but as you can tell I'm a sporty aggressive driver likes to have fun in the car!
Constantly.
It seems to engine brake much better and in the city you every time you get going you have to stop.So letting off the gas in sport mode is basically putting on the brakes.
Good point. Engine braking is a good idea... Saves wear and tear on brake pads that's for sure..you don't think you're going to wear out your transmission quicker though?

·
OBSIDIANBLUE
515 Posts
True that true that. I guess I focus a little too much on gas mileage because I'm used to getting about 27 MPG but as you can tell I'm a sporty aggressive driver likes to have fun in the car!Good point. Engine braking is a good idea... Saves wear and tear on brake pads that's for sure..you don't think you're going to wear out your transmission quicker though?

I just mean letting off the throttle .It seems to drag the car down faster than the other modes...when I see a red light ahead I'm the guy whoa-ing up early to time it just right so I don't have to stop.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I’m usually on normal mode but on sport in the city. Most of the time I’ll use Sport mode because some wants to race me in the city. I won’t use eco. Car feels sluggish.
I know exactly what you mean. I love putting the car in sport mode.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Occasionally. When Im in a hurry and need to accelerate faster or just want to "drive fast" in the higher speed limit zones

·
Registered
29 Posts
when you’re cruising on the highway does econ still save gas over normal? i like to use ACC there and stop and go traffic.

·
Registered
451 Posts
From what I understand a little, just by not downshifting for hills and cycling the AC more.

Reactions: BuickNut
21 - 40 of 81 Posts