Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much light does the 2013 kit give you? Is it really dull or is it bright. Going with the red for the coupe.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
465 Posts
Reactions: teezythakidd

·
6 Cylinders and 6 Gears
721 Posts
How much light does the 2013 kit give you? Is it really dull or is it bright. Going with the red for the coupe.

I don't know how bright the red would appear but the blue is not very bright at all. You only really notice it when you're wearing shoes with white in them. It's almost looks like a backlight effect.

·
2013 Sport
201 Posts
I suggest everyone that has paid for the interior illumination kit get access to the LEDs and check something. My sport put out ZERO light with the red LEDs, and I mean ZERO in pitch black. I thought they were broken so I tracked them down and saw they were in fact working, but their clip that they are installed in (this clip twist into place in their final locations) is blocking the light. My clips were a thick blue plastic. You could see the light, but the light didn't travel more than an inch. I took the blue plastic mounting clip off and drilled a hole through the center to clearly expose the LED. I have plenty of light now, it looks like the advertised pictures (of course those are enhanced a bit).

·
6 Cylinders and 6 Gears
721 Posts
I wouldn't want mine any brighter. Right now it looks about as bright as the ambient blue light in the overhead console and that's just the way I want it.

·
Registered
465 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I suggest everyone that has paid for the interior illumination kit get access to the LEDs and check something. My sport put out ZERO light with the red LEDs, and I mean ZERO in pitch black. I thought they were broken so I tracked them down and saw they were in fact working, but their clip that they are installed in (this clip twist into place in their final locations) is blocking the light. My clips were a thick blue plastic. You could see the light, but the light didn't travel more than an inch. I took the blue plastic mounting clip off and drilled a hole through the center to clearly expose the LED. I have plenty of light now, it looks like the advertised pictures (of course those are enhanced a bit).
I'll let the techs know to move the clips further Away from the lights so it won't look as dark. I want it to be kinda bright.

·
2013 Sport
201 Posts
The problem is the clip (at least mine) did not have a hole in it to begin with. The LED is it's own housing that the blue clip attaches to, and then the blue clip screws into their mounting spots. This (crappy) picture shows the blue clip and the hole I had to put in it to expose the LED

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The problem is the clip (at least mine) did not have a hole in it to begin with. The LED is it's own housing that the blue clip attaches to, and then the blue clip screws into their mounting spots. This (crappy) picture shows the blue clip and the hole I had to put in it to expose the LED

What do you recommend me to tell the techs to do?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Let there be light...please?

What do you recommend me to tell the techs to do?

I had my red interior illumination factory installed in my 2014 EX L Coupe about 3 weeks ago. I don't have this blue clip, but mine are still barely noticeable. There is a clear yet foggy piece of plastic over the light on each side of the car. A previous poster stated you have to wear white tennis shoes or place a piece of paper in the footwell to even notice there is light down there which is exactly what I'm dealing with. I'm looking for recommendations on how to brighten mine up. :dunno:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I had my red interior illumination factory installed in my 2014 EX L Coupe about 3 weeks ago. I don't have this blue clip, but mine are still barely noticeable. There is a clear yet foggy piece of plastic over the light on each side of the car. A previous poster stated you have to wear white tennis shoes or place a piece of paper in the footwell to even notice there is light down there which is exactly what I'm dealing with. I'm looking for recommendations on how to brighten mine up. :dunno:
Damn this really sucks I wanted some light but no light is stupid for 220 Canadian. Ill speek with the service rep Tommorow. I hope.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just remove the clips and tape it. Heard it works like a charm.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Got it done and it looks fine. No mods needed and is kinda bright. Any shoes I can see it anything I have underneath shows up. Looks nice also.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Sure wish the Accord came with some inside lighting for console area and footwells. We have that in our '08 Mustang GT and you can change it at click of a button for 7 different colors.... very cool

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sure wish the Accord came with some inside lighting for console area and footwells. We have that in our '08 Mustang GT and you can change it at click of a button for 7 different colors.... very cool
I wouldn't like that the footwells I got done are fine. Stays on all the time and just enough red to see it. Not enough to blind you. Just right.

·
Registered
20 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts