Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all,
I just replaced ignition switch in my o3 accord, went to the dealership and got the 5 digit bypass code. When I try to enter it the green immobilizer light keeps flashing....
Does anyone know what the right procedure to enter the code is.... what I did was turn the key to ON position II, press the brake 5 times to enter the first digit, then turn the key to off position "O", repeated the step for the rest of the digits in the code and when I turned the key to ON again the green light kept on flashing....
any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
thnx

·
Banned
13,098 Posts
nikola,

Welcome to DriveAccord!

I am not 100% on what happened to you here...Your car's immobilizer unit, the car's computer (ECM or ECU), and the key fobs all have to be "introduced" to one another in order for the system to work. A dealer and some locksmiths can do that, and there is some software/device you can buy on eBay/Amazon to do this.

When you replaced the ignition switch, did you also replace the immobilizer unit next to the switch? Because it seems as if the immobilizer is not recognizing the keys.

Please check this out and try to describe the issue better.

·
Banned
546 Posts
Yeah I'm wondering if the transponders are not matched up properly in the key and in the ignition since now he swapped the ignition.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't just change the cylinder itself, i got the whole unit.... with new keys... it was used if that makes any difference.... more i look into this it seems like the car will have to be towed in and reprogrammed .... do you guys know if this has to be done by honda only? Thnx for replies

1 - 4 of 4 Posts