Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2013 Accord, but I am wondering how do I change the odometer to show from Miles to KM. I ask this because I plan to move back to Canada in few months and want to import the car back to Canada. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I checked the owner's manual on this and it seems the only thing you can change miles to km for is the built-in nav. Doesn't seem right to me because I could swear I could do it on my previous Hondas. Unfortunately I can't check this on my '13 Accord because it has nav.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sorry to somewhat hijack this thread, but can you change the fuel economy ratings from L/100km to MPG in a Canadian Spec car?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I may be mistaken, but try pressing the dash light dimmer control on the right side of the speedometer. That should switch it.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I may be mistaken, but try pressing the dash light dimmer control on the right side of the speedometer. That should switch it.
Won't that just switch tripmeters or zero them out?

·
Registered
4,223 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
I own a 2013 Accord, but I am wondering how do I change the odometer to show from Miles to KM. I ask this because I plan to move back to Canada in few months and want to import the car back to Canada. Thank you.
I'm pretty sure this can't be done. The speedometer is hardwared to be in miles, so it would be confusing for one measurement to be in miles and the other in kms. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I'm pretty sure this can't be done. The speedometer is hardwared to be in miles, so it would be confusing for one measurement to be in miles and the other in kms. Just my thoughts.
The speedometer gets it's info from the transmission. The speedometer converts RPM into either miles or kilometers. The new odometer of course will start out at zero.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
I thought I read that it has to be done on a hard reset like a battery disconnect. No?

Jay

·
Registered
106 Posts
The speedometer gets it's info from the transmission. The speedometer converts RPM into either miles or kilometers. The new odometer of course will start out at zero.
Just to clarify, I meant that unlike some cars where the speedometer is displayed as a digital LCD where you can switch between km and miles, in Honda's it's a dial with a needle. The numbers in larger print will always be in miles or kms (depending if you're car was bought in the US or Canada). Since that measurement can't be changed, I don't think the odometer can be changed. That's just my thoughts based on having an 04 accord. The switch in the middle, as some have mentioned, toggles between Trip A, Trip B, and Total Distance, and if you press it long enough it will reset Trip A, and Trip B to 0.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Just to clarify, I meant that unlike some cars where the speedometer is displayed as a digital LCD where you can switch between km and miles, in Honda's it's a dial with a needle. The numbers in larger print will always be in miles or kms (depending if you're car was bought in the US or Canada). Since that measurement can't be changed, I don't think the odometer can be changed. That's just my thoughts based on having an 04 accord. The switch in the middle, as some have mentioned, toggles between Trip A, Trip B, and Total Distance, and if you press it long enough it will reset Trip A, and Trip B to 0.
I did't read all the details from Transport Canada about importing a car to Canada from the US. They may just let you keep the speedometer that's installed which reads in miles or they may require you to purchase a new physical speedometer which has the speed in kilometers on the large scale and miles on the small scale. I suggest you read all the details on Transport's website about importing US cars.

·
Banned
784 Posts
Just multiply by 1.6 to get km from mile. You should be able to do this in your head. Come on!

·
Super Moderator
7,853 Posts
I did't read all the details from Transport Canada about importing a car to Canada from the US. They may just let you keep the speedometer that's installed which reads in miles or they may require you to purchase a new physical speedometer which has the speed in kilometers on the large scale and miles on the small scale. I suggest you read all the details on Transport's website about importing US cars.
It is acceptable for TC if a car has a switchable metric/imperial speed displayed in an LCD as part of the instrument display cluster.

·
Registered
106 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts