Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my HIDs and LED bulbs from DDM today. I was about to swap out my lowbeams and fogs to HID but I couldn't install the LED bulb for the strip light. Anyone have pics or videos of how and where to change it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
When you open up the hood, look at the furthest down and to the left/right (depending on which strip you are looking at). You should see the casing for the wires. It should basically align with the end of the strip light. Do a quarter turn and it should come right out.

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
The owners manual shows how to change the bulbs.
The OM has some pretty ridiculous recommendations (I think to encourage people to go to the dealer) that include removing the fender liner to reach the strip bulb when all you have to do is open the hood. I know and have a thread on this very topic with how to pics based on the OM directions.

When you open up the hood, look at the furthest down and to the left/right (depending on which strip you are looking at). You should see the casing for the wires. It should basically align with the end of the strip light. Do a quarter turn and it should come right out.
This is the best way to do it.

·
Registered
214 Posts
The OM has some pretty ridiculous recommendations (I think to encourage people to go to the dealer)
I certainly agree. In the OM, there is an index item for headlight aiming, but when you go to the page it references, it says to visit the dealer. Yet adjusting the up/down of the headlights is a rather simple process.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll give it another try later but when I tried it yesterday, for some reason I wasn't able to get the bulb out of the socket. Kept turning it both directions and it just would pop out like the lowbeam and fogs did.

I think I know what I did wrong now. I unplugged the wire that was connected to the bulb since I kept thinking it was like the headlights where you need to unplug the wiring first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts