Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· 2000 Honda Accord 2.3L
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have LED brake lights installed on my 2000 Accord and when I press the brake pedal, the little rear brake light comes on in the instrument cluster and stays on. I have heard this happens because the computer thinks the rear brake light bulb is out because the LED's use much less of a load. I installed 25W resistors on the black and red wires and the light still comes on. There is also a green wire. Any ideas how to properly connect the resistors or how to make the rear brake lights stop coming on when I press the brakes?

· 2000 Honda Accord 2.3L
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello,
So I figured it out after looking more deeply at the service manual. The RED wire is the wire to the tail light function (which is always on when you turn on the headlights). Leave this wire alone. You need to connect the resistors to the BLACK and GREEN wires that run into the brake light section. As soon as I did this, the interior brake light warning light turned off. PLEASE NOTE THAT THE RESISTORS GET VERY HOT SO KEEP THEM AWAY FROM PLASTIC OR OTHER WIRES. I screwed mine into the metal housing around the brake light.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.