Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 320 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum - and also a first time owner of an accord (2013 coupe).

I wanted to try disabling Active Noise Control to see what the interior noise level sounds like in the 2013 accord. I know ANC can be disabled manually by disconnecting the mics, but I came across this video that demonstrates how to do it digitally in an Acura by accessing the "Diagnostic mode" in the car's instrument panel.

Does anybody know how to access diagnostic mode in a 2013 accord?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yes ,I think many of us with the Nav+ touch controls have this question as well.
Try holding down nav-back-menu buttons at same time. I think this will get you to diagnostics in a car with navi.

Try holding down nav-back-menu buttons at same time. I think this will get you to diagnostics in a car with navi.
I just pressed these in mine and got to a diagnostics screen but went thru all options and saw nothing related to ANC. Let me know if you find a way to access. Thanks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
When i get to work tomorrow, I'll let you know how to do it with a navi car
Ok cool thanks. For what it's worth I read in another thread here that disabling ANC thru the diagnostics applies only to that trip. Next time u start the car it's supposedly enabled again. Only permanent solution is to cut the wires based on what I read.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Ok cool thanks. For what it's worth I read in another thread here that disabling ANC thru the diagnostics applies only to that trip. Next time u start the car it's supposedly enabled again. Only permanent solution is to cut the wires based on what I read.
I just want to stick my toe in the water and find out if it is worth it in audio quality to permanently disable the ANC by cutting wires and wrinkling the headliner. :dunno:

·
Registered
58 Posts
There is a video in this thread that shows how to enter diagnostics in a sport (non touch screen) To disable anc. Those of us with touch screen are looking for the same solution. We can enter diagnostics by hitting nav-back-menu at same time but doesn't have ANC in those diagnostics. Looking for the touch screen solution.

Is it known how to access this with touch audio controls?
Here is the post for which we ask for the touch screen equivalent solution.

And the video which shows how to in a sport. Would like to know how to do this with a touch screen with/without navi.

·
Banned
1,095 Posts
As he said. Cannot do now. And don't hold out hope you can ever do it via touch screen. Dampen your hopes and dreams and go the cut thick white wire and fold the rear headliner if that important you do the mod. Thx.

·
Registered
58 Posts
As he said. Cannot do now. And don't hold out hope you can ever do it via touch screen. Dampen your hopes and dreams and go the cut thick white wire and fold the rear headliner if that important you do the mod. Thx.
Yeah thought there might be a touch screen approach similar to the non touch screen approach that's in the video maybe not but can't imagine they would provision for one and not the other. Was hoping to test it this way before clipping the wire to hear the difference first. Oh well.

1 - 20 of 320 Posts