841 Posts
How much do they charge?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
143 Posts
So it won't mess with my tunes-->:note::note::note::note::note:
Thought it only affected engine noise?

And as far as engine noise goes, the quieter the better no? I myself prefer complete silence which will be become possible with electric engines.

I know a couple of my friends who want it loud and makes it even louder by adding a different exhaust. I never understood that...

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Thought it only affected engine noise?

And as far as engine noise goes, the quieter the better no? I myself prefer complete silence which will be become possible with electric engines.

I know a couple of my friends who want it loud and makes it even louder by adding a different exhaust. I never understood that...
My understanding is the Mic is in the cabin and will P/U all sounds and cancel whatever Hz it's adjusted for, I don't want it canceling any of my music.

·
Registered
92 Posts
JustAnswer charged me $29, but they have to answer to my satisfaction, or I don't pay. For me, it was worth it. Now I don't have to tear into my headliner and clip wires.

·
Registered
92 Posts
@finalheaven when you alter the factory stereo, the ANC/ASC system behaves differently because you have taken the vehicle out of factory specifications. I'm guessing here, that when the system plays a sound out of phase to compensate for road noise, that the extra amplification and subwoofer overcompensate for the sound the system is trying to cancel out.

If you use sound deadener when installing door speakers, you are helping to reduce unwanted noise. This is a good idea, especially if you intend to disable ANC.

·
Registered
14 Posts
After you remove the ANC controller, can you put the HFL back in and still use the mics for HFL?

·
Registered
92 Posts
@nowickia yes, that is my understanding. The ANC/ASC unit can be disconnected and left in place. Everyone will benefit from confirmation that HFL continues to work, so please post your findings here. I don't know if removing and reinstalling the HFL will cause the unit to forget memorized phones and phone numbers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'll try it when I buy it. Waiting until after I move to purchase my new EX-L V6.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Is your question closed or can you add a follow up question?

It would be great to have the service codes that would include a command to disable ANC/ASC, instead of removing the module.

I will remove it when I purchase the equipment for my system, soon.

·
2013 Sedan Sport
403 Posts
:notworthy:banana::notworthy:banana:

THANK YOU BIMINI!!!!
i feel like i should paypal you a donation to help out with the cost from justanswer.com since it is helping all of us!

as soon as i get my car back from the shop i'm doing this!
i feel like a dork for already creasing my headliner accessing the rear mic. :paranoid:
i guess i should be glad i didnt snip that thick white wire yet!

·
Registered
92 Posts
@SHINCHU just pay it forward.

@Husker my question is closed, but if I ask something else to the same tech, I may try to sneak that in. No promises.

·
Honda Nation
2,184 Posts
Us 8th gen'ers had the same thing to deal with the ANC and an after market stereo. I think everyone just disconnected and removed the speakers, never bothering to remove the ANC unit.

I have a manual V6, and they did not put ANC into it, but a friend of mine has the auto V6. I helped him install his stereo.

Removing the ANC does not change the interior sound with the stereo off. I don't care what Honda tells you, ANC is worthless and a gimmick. Unless you had a highly accurate, very sensitive, very expensive audio annalyzer that you could compare the dB in the interior with and without ANC, and I would bet you that even at that the difference would be nominal at best, you will not know if your car had ANC or did not.

What ANC DOES do, however, is screw with your feed signals from the head unit if you install an aftermarket amplifier.

My Prelude had something similar, some goofy gimmicky thing that the rear speakers had microphones on them and would lower the volume if the speakers distorted. Needless to say that all went in the trash when I installed a real stereo.

I think car companies confuse audiophiles with idiotphiles!

·
Registered
34 Posts
The service manager at my dealer said that he asked their head technician and he said that ANC "could not be disabled because it is tied into too many things."

I wonder if the audio sound would be cleaner without wasting wattage on the ANC system. Maybe it's best to wait a few years for aftermarket guys to start tinkering with this 13 model year.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Us 8th gen'ers had the same thing to deal with the ANC and an after market stereo. I think everyone just disconnected and removed the speakers, never bothering to remove the ANC unit.

I have a manual V6, and they did not put ANC into it, but a friend of mine has the auto V6. I helped him install his stereo.

Removing the ANC does not change the interior sound with the stereo off. I don't care what Honda tells you, ANC is worthless and a gimmick. Unless you had a highly accurate, very sensitive, very expensive audio annalyzer that you could compare the dB in the interior with and without ANC, and I would bet you that even at that the difference would be nominal at best, you will not know if your car had ANC or did not.

What ANC DOES do, however, is screw with your feed signals from the head unit if you install an aftermarket amplifier.

My Prelude had something similar, some goofy gimmicky thing that the rear speakers had microphones on them and would lower the volume if the speakers distorted. Needless to say that all went in the trash when I installed a real stereo.

I think car companies confuse audiophiles with idiotphiles!
After trial and error, I think that the stock system sounds better with ANC ON! I currently have it off via the "VOL+1+2" code. I lost that thread where I got the info from, but now I want ANC back on! Any ideas?

·
Registered
514 Posts
After trial and error, I think that the stock system sounds better with ANC ON! I currently have it off via the "VOL+1+2" code. I lost that thread where I got the info from, but now I want ANC back on! Any ideas?
I was under the impression that it would reactivate after turning off the vehicle and then turning it back on.

·
13' Accord Sport
33 Posts
I was under the impression that it would reactivate after turning off the vehicle and then turning it back on.
Correct! It should reset after the car is turned off and back on. That is the problem for me. I want ANC to be off all of the time but according to Geek Squad, who installed my amp/subs, disabling the ANC will disable the bluetooth also. :dunno:

·
Registered
92 Posts
I believe the bluetooth is enabled via the Hands Free Link (HFL) control unit, which sits just below the ANC/ASC control unit behind the center pocket. It does not make sense to me that disconnecting ANC/ASC would disturb/disble bluetooth. I have not tried it yet. I should take delivery of my car on Monday.

41 - 60 of 320 Posts