Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Old guy
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a cover or bolts I need to pull to see the ecu number...want to either get a k tuner,or hondata...
Also...what's the difference between carb and Race?
Thanks guys.
K tuner better than hondata? I like the display on the tuner.

·
Registered
758 Posts
You should be able to take your phone and slide it down the side of the Ecu and take a picture of the part number. Hen you open the hood it’s on the right side up front with two plugs, part number is on the left side if I remember correctly

·
Old guy
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool.thanks

Oh wait. Is it the thing that has 2 big plugs on it? Mine is covered...do I need to unbolt it?

·
Registered
758 Posts
This is the ECU and the part number is on the left side at the bottom. I was able to slide my phone in there and take a pic so no removal was needed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
CARB is approved for use in California, because it only affects boost and not fuel. Race is a full tuner.
Is your question which is better, or has more powerful basemaps? I've seen at least one person say he switched from Hondata to Ktuner and found Ktuner to be stronger, but it was all a butt dyno.
Either can be used with app to display gauges, but Ktuner allows you to tweak the throttle sensitivity, boost building aggressiveness, and also early spool. Hondata doesn't have these tweaks, but they go to great lengths to test and develop their products, so I'm pretty torn. The one thing Hondata has in its favor is it includes traction control. That alone about seals the deal for me

Oops I forgot that Ktuner has traction control too now, if you enable Advanced VSA. Hondata has flex fuel support though (if you buy and install a sensor kit)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hondata has traction control now as well and I think most people just don’t understand where the hondata tune is making the majority of the power gains. It’s only between 3-5k rpm really so if you keep it in that range the car will fly. Trust me I have extensive testing haha

·
Registered
18 Posts
Reactions: Ricky Bobby
1 - 8 of 8 Posts