Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my opinion the brakes on the accord are so weak. I am using brembo blank fronts with ceramic pads and the brakes still stink.

Do you guys reccomend any good pads?

Do braided lnes make a difference?

Can we swap the master cylinder from another honda?

·
mobiless2
2,200 Posts
Auto or Manual?

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is an auto, im researching if another master cylinder will fit. Prob not

·
mobiless2
2,200 Posts
Auto came with 11.1" front rotors, you can swap to 6-6 rotors 11.8". You can upgrade to dual piston calipers from 94-95 Legend, & SS Lines.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man im too lazy hahaha. Maybe ill try new pads

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
i had hawk hps+ pads for front and rear, and ultimax slotted rotors front and rear. braking performance was definitely better than stock but braking before car warms up is really weak. thats about as good as oem replacement rotors/pads will get. if you want better, get a big brake kit or if that cost too much for you, get the 6mt/tsx brakes.

btw, tires can help a lot too. if you have bad tires thats constantly losing traction, having the best brakes in the world will NOT help you stop better because abs will constant kick in. make sure you have a decent set of tires for safety.

·
Banned
294 Posts
i had hawk hps+ pads for front and rear, and ultimax slotted rotors front and rear. braking performance was definitely better than stock but braking before car warms up is really weak. thats about as good as oem replacement rotors/pads will get. if you want better, get a big brake kit or if that cost too much for you, get the 6mt/tsx brakes.

btw, tires can help a lot too. if you have bad tires thats constantly losing traction, having the best brakes in the world will NOT help you stop better because abs will constant kick in. make sure you have a decent set of tires for safety.
Do you think the Akebono pads are any better? Also, what is the best pad I can buy OTC(Over the counter)? Are there any Japanese made pads out there like there are oil filters and schit. I tried to get the best ones from NAPA autoparts largely cuz I thought their quality might be a cut above the normal autozone/peep boys/AAP and and so far, not bad at all. ONe of the pads were made in Israel and the other were Canadian. I am wondering if it worth buying online unless a lower cost benefit or quality benefits are EXTREME?! I might get the 6MT rotors next time but do you think it would for a 2006 V6 AT to get the 6-6 V6 sedan or coupe brakes? Mine is a 2006 V6 AT sedan. Also I am wondering if the S2000 oil filter would be safe for a Honda accord given the different engine compressions and higher flow engine of the screaming S2000 with 8k RMP limiter?? I know the filter fits and is bigger which is better benefit and I believe those S2000 filters are Made in Japan??

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I run akabono proAct pads. Took them to the track. not bad. For 11.8in rotor you need to change out the calipers to accord v6 hybrid or v6 2dr 6mt calipers. Direct bolt on. You don't need the HAMP filter. 10 bucks for 1 filter is just retarded. I use pureone purator filter. just as good. Lots of material inside and its not all fuzzy like the new honda oil filter.

·
Banned
294 Posts
I run akabono proAct pads. Took them to the track. not bad. For 11.8in rotor you need to change out the calipers to accord v6 hybrid or v6 2dr 6mt calipers. Direct bolt on. You don't need the HAMP filter. 10 bucks for 1 filter is just retarded. I use pureone purator filter. just as good. Lots of material inside and its not all fuzzy like the new honda oil filter.
What's the HAMP filter? I was thinking of trying the S2000 filter on my 06 vtec v6 AT sed! What do you people think?! I already know the S2000 filter fits an Accord filter(7th gen) and it's bigger but will the higher flow engine of the 4cyl cause the filter to not work in the V6? Also, it seems doing the 6MT rotors and 6MT coupe caliper is too cost-prohibitive. The Autozone house calipers worked just fine, well as much as stock can be because still brake shudder under EXTREME braking scenarios. I am thinking of just Akebono or best pads I can buy online unless there is a better pad I can get OTC that is best price?! :dunno:

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
dude you have a bad attitude. You asked How to get best braking performance on your title. I gave you my opinion.

As for the s2k filter if its larger then get it. The only different is that its going to have more capacity and marginal cooling. I would just spend the money on a good filter instead on trying to run s2k filter. Your car is BONE STOCK!! Its not like you have a turbo or S/C. so dont worry about it

as for th brake calipers I got rebuilt v6 hybrids from autozone. So are you taking about those house calipers? Because those are just rebuilt oem remin calipers.

When was the last time you did your brake fluid? My car brakes are so sensitive so I don't know why you have mushy pedal. I am running OEM Master cylinder, v6 hybrid rotors, and Akabono ProAct pads. Did you brake in your rotor and pads correctly? I have had 0 shutter stopping from 80-0 during emergency stops on the freeway. Only time it does anything weird on braking is when ABS kicks in and the lights start flashing.

As for OTC pads how much do you want to spend?

As for your last question yes braided SS line do make the pedal feel better. The line does not expand and give that mushy feeling. But more then likely you probably have some moisture in your brake fluid. Its supposedly should be changed out every 2 years

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
You'll need to clarify "weak". Do they feel weak during every day driving? Do you find yourself kicking ABS or breaking traction easily? If it's the second, tires make all the difference, upgraded brakes won't do jack.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You'll need to clarify "weak". Do they feel weak during every day driving? Do you find yourself kicking ABS or breaking traction easily? If it's the second, tires make all the difference, upgraded brakes won't do jack.
YES! the abs def kicks in alot.. I dont know why. Im using really good tires.. Maybe i should just deal with it..The rear pads are stock, maybe ill try ceramic rears and it will even it out..

Thanks for all the responses. Oh and to the guy asking for oil filter reccomendations(way off topic).. I am using a mobi1 extended filter. It was very dam expensive. It supposed to last 12k miles though. I wont buy it again cause I am a cheapo :)

·
Registered
492 Posts
I personally do not recommend the Akebono ProACT pads. They take forever to warm up to even get good braking power. I swapped out to Hawk HPS pads, and did the Legend GS caliper swap. Now the braking power is a lot better.

I would recommend going with Hawk HPS pads. They put out a lot of dust, just don't be lazy like me and not wash your car in forever. :p

·
Registered
178 Posts
i just got rl calipers, and i am swapping them out. so if you want to buy a set of 06 v6 coupe 6mt calipers, i have them...just a thought to keep in the back of your mind.

·
1,927 Posts
If you're activating the ABS, the tires are your limiting factor in stopping your car.

You say you live in NJ. If you have summer performance tires they get harder and MUCH less grippy at temperatures below 45 F. That could be part of your problem.

But it's definitely a tire issue.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts