1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For this install on my 2013 EXL v6 sedan, I purchased the following items:

HID low beams

Zenex 35W AC Universal Replacement HID Digital Ballast
Morimoto XB35 H11 Bulbs 5000K
H11 881 HID Power Wire harness Plug Cord B
Long zip ties from Home Depot

All of these were based on glen_e's very informative HID al la carte thread located here.

Turn signals
50W 3Ohm LED Load Resistors Item #AW-39003

Wire splice connectors from Home Depot

1157 BAY15s S25 60-SMD Switchback LED Light Bulbs - V1 Series

Note that if you do not want to splice into your wiring, you can purchase these. Credit goes to 2 Kings 9:20 for finding these plug and play adapters.

Fog Lights
50W Bright White H11 CREE LED from ebay seller teammadegroup2011

Reverse Lights
CREE 5W High Power SMD T10 921 194 2825 W5W LED Bulbs

Install
For access to the head lights and fogs, you will need to remove the front bumper. Pretty straight forward. Be sure to disconnect the negative wire on the battery before doing anything.

More bumper removal tips courtesy of glen_e can be found here.

The fogs that I purchased need to be slightly modified by having part of the tab cut off (biggest tab of the 3), so that they fit correctly in the housing.

Pics of the install:

Here is where I recommend you mount the ballasts. Note that the wiring coming from the ballasts should obviously not be in contact with anything that will get hot, so be mindful of your wire routing.

The switchbacks mount into the housing by pushing down and turning. If it doesn't go in one way, flip it in the housing and try again.

For splicing of the resistors, I suggest you use the turn signal wiring in the trunk. The resistor goes in-between the positive and negative wires. You need to do this on both the left and right sides. Note that the top splice connector looks like both the blue and black wire is going into it, but it is actually only going through the black wire. The pic is deceiving and the blue wire is simply resting under the connector. It doesn't matter which end on the resistor you use for the positive or negative wire. Use of these resistors or the plug n play harness is required when using the switch backs from jlc lighting. The V3's which are much more expensive have the resistors built in. If going with the resistors seen in the pic, they get very hot so you will want to mount them to the metal and make sure they don't come into contact with the trunk liner.

The rear back up lights are plug and play. After disconnecting the power source, simply twist the bulb housing to remove it from the car. The bulb pops right out.

You will want to test each light obviously before hooking everything back up.

Fogs match the Morimoto XB35 H11 very well. The switchbacks are a little bit bluer. I'm very happy with the results.

vid 1

vid 2

vid 3

vid 4

vid 5

· Mod it or don't drive it
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gotta love the big zip ties......everyone should keep 25 of them....

Nice write up...there are very few that give back here after they finish a project....Thanks for that.....
Thank you sir. Without your very informative posts, this project would have taken much longer.

· Registered
633 Posts
Good write up. Only amendment I would make is that you can access all front lights without removing the front bumper

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good write up. Only amendment I would make is that you can access all front lights without removing the front bumper

You can, but to properly mount the ballasts as I have done, bumper removal makes it much easier.

· Registered
633 Posts
You can, but to properly mount the ballasts as I have done, bumper removal makes it much easier.
To each their own. I mounted mine along the inner fender, along the route of some of the factory harnesses.

· Registered
633 Posts

· Registered
523 Posts
Nice write up. Just FYI. the Passenger side ballast you have ziptied to that black plastic box. Becareful as I think the is the ECU. I ending up mounting mine to the left on the subframe next to the Antilock Brake system.

· Registered
423 Posts
Those reverse lights have no side firing LEDs, therefore not taking advantage of the reverse reflector housing.

ONE BIG DOT
Just thought I would ask while we are on the topic here of LED'S.Sorry for butting in! What company makes the best,problem free,plug and go,side firing reverse LED'S for the 2013 Accord Touring?. I notice that exLEDusa don't have reverse LED lights at all....wonder why? Thanks,Hot Brass

1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Updated with pics and vids.

1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just thought I would ask while we are on the topic here of LED'S. What company makes the best,problem free,plug and go,side firing reverse LED'S for the 2013 Accord Touring?. I notice that exLEDusa don't have reverse LED lights at all....wonder why? Thanks,Hot Brass
These have some side firing. I think the ones I have work just fine. Bright enough during the day.

http://www.k5optimastore.com/products/reverselights

1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Your front signals aren't flashing amber. Not switchbacks.
Must have been a bad recording. Check out new vid #5. There are 30 Pieces of Xenon White & 30 Pieces of Amber Orange on the bulbs I'm using.

1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Compare vid #2 to vid #5.

· Registered
96 Posts

· Banned
6,590 Posts
U can get the same ones on ebay for 20 bucks :)
Look for t10 high power ^_^
Yeap. I just got mine. Shipping took a while from Hong Kong, but I don't mind waiting. It was significantly cheaper.

These are the best T10 LEDs I've ever used. Better than the 5630 Samsung LEDs which are already very good. However due to the length, applications/uses are limited to the reverse lights, and front city lights on non-LED DRL trim levels.

These are very white with no hint of blue.

It also gets as hot if not hotter than halogen bulbs. But this could only mean one thing...it uses real CREE LEDs.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.