Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I recently bought a dual led emblem light off of ebay and am having some trouble figuring out how to wire it so that it is connected with the brake/license plate lights. If anyone has done this before your help is greatly appreciated! :banana::)

2001 Honda Accord EX V6

·
Stayin Classy...
516 Posts
1. Your going to get flamed for this

2. You need to run the cables through the trunk lid, and then make them come out near the trunk lid arms. Cover the wires in something professional so they look good. Then run the wires nicely and hidden behind the carpet, over to a tail light. (this is all assuming that you dont already have plate lights on your trunk lid already).

- Tip 1: I wouldn't connect anything to the brake light. You will be pulled over, and most likely at a really bad time, especially if your over 21.

There should be three wires going to your tail light/running lights. Ground, Power, Brake. Don't cut the wires, but just pull back the insulation on the ground wire (most likely black) and the power for the running lights (you need to figure that out). Twist the wires around the stripped part and solder them. Then use electrical tape properly to cover it all nicely.

That should at least let the light thingy turn on when you turn on your head lights. Again, dont wire the brake light. Even with the glowing badge, you still may be pulled over. It just gives the police an easy reason to pull you over if they feel like questioning you.

·
Super Moderator
4,703 Posts
@ OP: If you want suggestions on modifications, go over to the 6GA Forums because as StreetLethal said, you'll get flamed here. Here at DA, people like to keep their ride stock for the most part. Modifications you'll see here are mild at best. Over on 6GA, people are into modifying their cars - properly - much more than here.

That said, HERE you go!

·
Stayin Classy...
516 Posts
^ Coming from the guy with an inter-cooler and wing on a turtle : )

·
Super Moderator
4,703 Posts
Damn skippy!

And you forgot my $50 fart can eBay exhaust and horridly wired under-glow lights :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts