Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I recently bought an used 2013 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L, but it didn't come with GPS navigation system. I was wondering if anyone know how I can install Navi into my current display?

·
Registered
144 Posts
#InBe4Locked :lmao:

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I don't think that the Honda system can be installed after the car is built. However, there are aftermarket systems that are available. Personally, I would just buy a good portable GPS. Excellent ones from Garmin with turn by turn navigation, lane anticipation, lifetime database updates and life time traffic alerts are available for about $100. The portable ones can be taken with you when you travel and rent a car in another city. If you have a good smart phone, you can use that as a GPS with Google maps.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Not sure where you'd get the parts even if it was possible. I had considered buying a Touring model Accord Hybrid because it's all I could find at the time in the color I wanted. Figured I'd sell the Nav parts and downgrade to the regular radio, etc. So I called College Hills Honda and got pricing on the components (even though they said they didn't think it could be done). The components needed totaled about $5,000 :eek:

There is a good thread here called Hacking the iMid. You can get an adapter that will display your smartphone display on the 8" screen on most Accords. That may be a way to get what you want. About $500 roughly for parts.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh ok, thanks for the responses, guys. I thought it's just a matter of inputting certain chip into my module to display the the navigation system. I guess I was wrong then.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
If it's any consolation it's not that great a system. I prefer the < $400 Garmin unit I use in my truck to the integrated Honda nav. And I don't have to pay for the annual updates for the Gamin, either.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
With the Siri Eyes Free I can't see having baked in Nav anymore. I did my Christmas shopping today. It was great to be able to be in horrific traffic and get directions, reply to texts, and changing playlists/music just by pushing a button and leaving my phone in my pocket.

Jay

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah, I think I'm going to just stick with my Garmin for now, it's just that it looks kind of weird having such a big display in the car without much use of it.
I wish I stuck with my Iphone but I switched to Android instead :(

·
Registered
684 Posts
yeah, I think I'm going to just stick with my Garmin for now, it's just that it looks kind of weird having such a big display in the car without much use of it.
I wish I stuck with my Iphone but I switched to Android instead :(
Refer to my post #4 in this thread. Your iPhone or Android phone's display can be mirrored to that big display.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts