Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I adjusted the pushrod behind the brake pedal on my 2013 Accord so that the freeplay is the manufacturer specified minimum. The brake is working just fine but I'd like for it to be rock solid without creating brake drag. Is there any other way to make adjustments other than the pushrod?

·
BRWNFLSH now
7,413 Posts
Make sure all the air is out of the system. Bleed the brakes. Has the brake fluid ever been flushed/replaced?

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Replace brake hoses with SS lines, more aggressive pads. Remember, it's an accord, not a race car.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just replaced all my rotors and pads as well as the brake fluid. I also bled the system. I'm fairly happy with my current brakes but I was just wondering if there were any other adjustments that I was not aware of. The stainless steel lines are nice to have and I'd probably get them if my current lines were shot but right now it's not worth it for me.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Switch to metallic pads? I've been led to believe that ceramic brakes get grippier when they're warm.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I just replaced all my rotors and pads as well as the brake fluid. I also bled the system. I'm fairly happy with my current brakes but I was just wondering if there were any other adjustments that I was not aware of. The stainless steel lines are nice to have and I'd probably get them if my current lines were shot but right now it's not worth it for me.
Rubber hoses have some give. If you want super direct feel you'll have to move to Braided lines. Personally not worth the effort/cost IMO unless you're tracking regularly... but then... Honda Accord. Why are you tracking regularly, lol.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Have you looked into the big brake kits? Gets you a firm pedal and the "Im in the dashboard" halfway down the pedal

1 - 7 of 7 Posts