Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to remove the rear on my 06 accord sedan so that I can sound deaden around the speakers. I know there are those clips under there but I can't seem to pop them out. So if someone knows can you help me out. Thanks in advance.

Hopefully it doesn't involve removing the b-pillar also

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I am trying to remove the rear on my 06 accord sedan so that I can sound deaden around the speakers. I know there are those clips under there but I can't seem to pop them out. So if someone knows can you help me out. Thanks in advance.

Hopefully it doesn't involve removing the b-pillar also
You trying to remove the speaker grills or the whole rear deck? I am pretty sure removing the rear deck is WAY more involved than just a few clips. I looked into it before but the instructions I found gave me a headache so I didn't even attempt it. It involves something about removing a part of the back seat as well I think.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the whole deck. The speaker grill were easy. Just push the clips out. if you can fine the info lmk bro

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
the whole deck. The speaker grill were easy. Just push the clips out. if you can fine the info lmk bro
Ill look for it. I know its somewhere

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
You have to remove both rear C-pillars. They are clipped in. Just pull them off carefully to release the clips. Then remove the trim on the front of the rear deck, remove the speaker grilles, and lock cylinder trim. Then you can remove the rear deck.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks. I was looking at the hybrid rear shelf thing. Looks like a lot of work. lol

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
i dunno about the sedans but for the coupes its just as hillstones said; pop off the C pillars and speaker grills, fold down the back seats and pop the rear deck off.

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
i dunno about the sedans but for the coupes its just as hillstones said; pop off the C pillars and speaker grills, fold down the back seats and pop the rear deck off.
It is the same as the Sedan, I have done one before. Actually much easier than the coupe because there is much more room in the back of the sedan with two open doors.

·
'09 TL SH AWD Tech
654 Posts
Go easy on the c-pillars. Speaking from experience, I once broke the connection to the rear defrost. I managed to solder it back on, but it was scary! LOL

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Arent the rear curtain airbags located in the C pillars as well?

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
You are suppose to disconnect the battery and wait 15 (IIRC) minutes anytime you are working on anything close to the airbag components and wiring harness, the airbag can't fire without electrical power to initiate the sequence.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
That is why I didn't bother trying to remove my rear deck. Not even necessarily the potential to get hit by the airbag, but the thought that I am working around all these electronic devices and wires and switches and such... It just didn't seem worth it to me.

I removed the C-pillars from my old Dodge Intrepid and there were no real electronics besides the defroster and it was much easier for me emotionally lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts