Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honda accord 99 ex coupe 4cylinder MT
So my battery cable clamp that connects to the battery is broke . So i bought this new battery cable but its different from the one i have now. I bought it on ebay and it says it fist my car. I also went to the autozone website and looked for cables that fits my car and it was similar to the one i bought. So it looks like i have the right cable i just dont know how to install the damn thing. I put up a picture of it of how it looks. The part thats supposed to fit the fuse box is too short. Any suggestions? Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
It looks like the smaller wire is designed to be spliced onto the existing fuse box wire. You will need to cut the existing small wire to the appropriate length and use the yellow crimp connector to splice the two together. A wire crimping tool works best if you have one.

Helpful hint - Remove the ground wire from the battery before doing any work on the new positive cable to avoid nasty surprises.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Yea thats what i suspected but i would scared if i tried it and i would mess it up. Ill try this tomorrow

1 - 3 of 3 Posts