Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's the plastic cover in back of the rear view mirror.
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive mirror Automotive tire

Had a new windshield installed a few weeks ago and this past week this piece has become loose?
To take it back to Safelite is like a 45min drive.

Is their a way to fully secure that part?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Without being able to try it out in person, I couldn't say but I'd assume it attaches to something stuck to the window. I'd drive back and have them deal with it. Did they recalibrate your sensing?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Without being able to try it out in person, I couldn't say but I'd assume it attaches to something stuck to the window. I'd drive back and have them deal with it. Did they recalibrate your sensing?
Yes they did.
It looks like the adhesive tape they used is failing because of the heat from the sun on the windshield.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Are you talking about the film they applied on the windshield? I’d just glue it back carefully if the adhesive is still there. If not, definitely drive back and have them fix it asap.

How does the sensing work after your new windshield replacement? I’m just curious. Is everything working as before?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you talking about the film they applied on the windshield? I’d just glue it back carefully if the adhesive is still there. If not, definitely drive back and have them fix it asap.

How does the sensing work after your new windshield replacement? I’m just curious. Is everything working as before?
Everything is working fine just that plastic cover is getting on my nerves!
I'm going to try some double-sided tape and see if that helps.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Can't tell from your photo if the attachment has separated from the windshield glass or the cover just isn't locked in place.

There was another thread saying that cover was loose and vibrating. That driver just gently pressed on corners of the cover and it snappedlocked in place.

YRMV!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Everything is working fine just that plastic cover is getting on my nerves!
I'm going to try some double-sided tape and see if that helps.
I have the EXACT same problem. I also got my windshield replaced last winter.
However, now in the summer, the plastic cover is lose and it keeps rattling against the windshield.
I press on the corners and it sticks back, but then comes loose again.

Could you please advise which tape you are using to secure the cover?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the EXACT same problem. I also got my windshield replaced last winter.
However, now in the summer, the plastic cover is lose and it keeps rattling against the windshield.
I press on the corners and it sticks back, but then comes loose again.

Could you please advise which tape you are using to secure the cover?
I was just going to order 3m double sided tape.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts