Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'06 Accord EX-V6

I have a baby seat in the back and every want to be able to see her while driving at night, whether she's sleeping etc... in the back.
I don't know of a way to turn on the dome light other than opening the door. Is there a switch or some other way to trigger it?

Thanks.

·
BRWNFLSH now
7,513 Posts
There should be a switch on the light itself, but I don't think you can turn it on and off from the driver's seat. It would be a long reach from there. I don't know if leaving the light on, all the time, is a good idea though. I would maybe install another (battery powered) light at the rear of the console, with a switch you can reach from the front seat.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dome light

flick it on to your on switch.
Do you mean just leave it on all the time? That wasn't a solution i was leaning towards. I was thinking a timed light like you get when you open the door using the fob and light comes on for 10-15 seconds then dims or when you open and close the door.

Was hoping not to have to open the door while driving though...

·
Registered
692 Posts
Without modification, i think these are your options:

1) Manually move the switch on the light itself
2) Open any door (if the rear light switch is on "door")
3) Shut off the car and remove the key (if the rear light switch is on "door")

If these options don't meet your needs, would turning on one or both front lights provide enough illumination in the rear for you to see?

·
Registered
256 Posts
If you hook up a rocker switch to a relay that controls the domelight trigger wire you can prob control the lights from the front of the car with a switch....let me know if you want more info....

·
Registered
103 Posts
their is another option that you all missed. you can get a small Led flashlight, and flick it on manually and easily. good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts