Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 touring and I wanted to know is there a way to use the internet browser while the car is in motion. The same way as if it's parked. For those long car rides my passenger could watch a movie on YouTube or something.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here are the steps to be able to browse online (for safe passengers) while driving. Or play youtube on the browser. Turn your vehicle on Tether your smart phone to use the wifi on it. Press power on + Menu + Brightness together to get into system diagnostics Go into System diagnostic mode (click on the lower button which is not the self diagnostics) After this press and hold the Menu button for a couple of seconds Go into the diagnostic menu where you can turn off the driver distraction mode to Off Go back all the way out and then go into browser mode and play any youtube videos.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are the steps to be able to browse online (for safe passengers) while driving. Or play youtube on the browser. Turn your vehicle on Tether your smart phone to use the wifi on it. Press power on + Menu + Brightness together to get into system diagnostics Go into System diagnostic mode (click on the lower button which is not the self diagnostics) After this press and hold the Menu button for a couple of seconds Go into the diagnostic menu where you can turn off the driver distraction mode to Off Go back all the way out and then go into browser mode and play any youtube videos.
Thanks and I will try this out as soon as I get some time

·
8th Gen Believer
4,200 Posts
You don't. IMO that creates dangerous, distracted driving. I won't buy that stuff I don't care what backflips it can do.

·
6th Gear
765 Posts
Agree with slimm here. The distracted driving is unsafe for you, your passenger, and for others sharing the road.

Just have your passenger look out the side window or the windshield to assist your driving or navigation, rather than watching a movie.

Let the movie watchers always be your passengers in the rear seat who can be entertained by DVDs or tablets.

DA admins, take the second post (and the quote in the third post) off this forum. No need for instructions that could endanger others.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I gotta agree, I don't want to be T Boned when you run a red light because you glanced at Kim K taking another nude selfie.

·
Registered
18 Posts

OP, just to let you know that this setting is only temporary and will reset itself to the factory settings the moment you turn the car off and then back on.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Agree with slimm here. The distracted driving is unsafe for you, your passenger, and for others sharing the road.

Just have your passenger look out the side window or the windshield to assist your driving or navigation, rather than watching a movie.

Let the movie watchers always be your passengers in the rear seat who can be entertained by DVDs or tablets.

DA admins, take the second post (and the quote in the third post) off this forum. No need for instructions that could endanger others.
There's no point. That exact post as well as many others to gain access to the accord's console is on another huge thread that hasn't been deleted in years.
as i mentioned above, it's not a forever fix. it will revert itself the moment the car is shut off and turned back on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts