Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else been experienced problem with charging your HTC One phone through the car's USB port? I can't seem to charge it and the light indicator would turn red and then turn off. I kept getting this error message "USB connected" and then "USB debugging connected"
I tried charging my old Iphone 4S and it worked perfectly fine.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Argh thanks, I guess I will just buy a car charger for now, this sucks.
I did that for awhile and played music over Bluetooth, but I found the Bluetooth audio quality on the One to be kinda terrible when connected to my car, which was strange because it sounded great with other Bluetooth speakers. Using a cigarette lighter charger and an aux cable was the best for me, but it was a mess of wires to have laying on the console

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
133 Posts
Have you guys tried changing the USB cable?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did that for awhile and played music over Bluetooth, but I found the Bluetooth audio quality on the One to be kinda terrible when connected to my car, which was strange because it sounded great with other Bluetooth speakers. Using a cigarette lighter charger and an aux cable was the best for me, but it was a mess of wires to have laying on the console

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
When I played music through Bluetooth, it sounded ok, so I probably won't use the aux cable. Yeah, I definitely don't want to see all those wires laying there.

·
Registered
924 Posts
i havent tried using the usb plug with my one, i have a super cheap usb charger plugged into the armrest charger for it and it works great. i use mine only over bluetooth so i can get metadata and have the ability to receive calls. i think my audio over bluetooth sounds really good. most of my stuff is 320 bitrate tho so im not sure if that matters. plus im rooted running an android 4.3 rom.

does the htc one even play music thru the usb port?

·
Registered
288 Posts
It doesn't work for me either. The only way it actually charges from the one time i've tried was turning the phone off and leaving the USB plugged in while driving.

·
CITIUS::INFERIUS::FORTIUS
1,369 Posts
I have experienced the same. No charge through the USB. I use a lighter/car charger adapter through the center arm rest compartment so it hides more.
HTC One doesn't seem to play nice with the accord. Text/Email features don't work for me either. Love the phone though. Sprint on the other hand...

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
The issue is the USB port in the Honda Accord adheres to the USB standard downstream port for power

There are three kinds of USB ports dictated by the current specs:
a standard downstream port,
a charging downstream port
a dedicated charging port.

The first two can be found on your computer (and should be labeled as such), and the third kind applies to “dumb” wall chargers. In the USB 1.0 and 2.0 specs, a standard downstream port is capable of delivering up to 500mA (0.5A). The charging downstream and dedicated charging ports provide up to 1800mA (1.8A). Now there are chargers capable of 2100ma (2.1A) but the dedicated standard is 1800mA.

Most of the new phones can not be charged at 500mA while still powered on, but can charge slowly if the phone is turned off. Most android phones will tell you what type of charging it is connected to on screen either USB or AC. The connector in the Accord is just adhering to the USB 2.0 Standard port specification. I personally do not use the USB port to charge my Nexus 5, but bought an Anker 24W/4.8amp dual port USB charger which will charge 2 devices at the same time. Here is the link, for $11.99 these devices are well made and work as advertised and charge your phone in the shortest possible time.

·
Registered
924 Posts
The issue is the USB port in the Honda Accord adheres to the USB standard downstream port for power

There are three kinds of USB ports dictated by the current specs:
a standard downstream port,
a charging downstream port
a dedicated charging port.

The first two can be found on your computer (and should be labeled as such), and the third kind applies to “dumb” wall chargers. In the USB 1.0 and 2.0 specs, a standard downstream port is capable of delivering up to 500mA (0.5A). The charging downstream and dedicated charging ports provide up to 1800mA (1.8A). Now there are chargers capable of 2100ma (2.1A) but the dedicated standard is 1800mA.

Most of the new phones can not be charged at 500mA while still powered on, but can charge slowly if the phone is turned off. Most android phones will tell you what type of charging it is connected to on screen either USB or AC. The connector in the Accord is just adhering to the USB 2.0 Standard port specification. I personally do not use the USB port to charge my Nexus 5, but bought an Anker 24W/4.8amp dual port USB charger which will charge 2 devices at the same time. Here is the link, for $11.99 these devices are well made and work as advertised and charge your phone in the shortest possible time.

http://www.amazon.com/Anker-Dual-Po...ie=UTF8&qid=1387910453&sr=8-21&keywords=anker
super helpful post man! this just went on my amazon list.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts