Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about getting a set of floor liners for my '14 Accord LX and I knew about weathertech ones. I heard Husky is pretty much the same thing. I can get a set of them on Amazon for $120, and I also have a $25 gift card also, bringing the total to $94.00. Are Husky Weatherbeater's worth getting or should I spend the extra $60 for weathertech? Does anyone have some that can upload photos to show how snug or loose they fit?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I was thinking about getting a set of floor liners for my '14 Accord LX and I knew about weathertech ones. I heard Husky is pretty much the same thing. I can get a set of them on Amazon for $120, and I also have a $25 gift card also, bringing the total to $94.00. Are Husky Weatherbeater's worth getting or should I spend the extra $60 for weathertech? Does anyone have some that can upload photos to show how snug or loose they fit?
120 - 25 = 94?

Damn, I've been wrong for so long!

oh and welcome on the forum :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the Weatherbeaters front and rear if you would like some pics. I have had Weathertech's in other vehicles and there are not quite a nice in my opinion. With that being said the Weathertech's are not worth the extra $$$. Got mine from Auto Anything for $111 after a 10% discount shipped free.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I have the husky liners and I really like them. Very snug fit and durable too. I had weathertechs before and honestly these are every bit as good. My only issue I had was that the area where the floor mat keepers are (the little hooks to keep it from sliding) tend to gather a lot of water. I was thinking of filling in the left one with some silicone if it leaked through but it has not leaked yet. Mine were also salt crusted from this winter and they hosed off quickly and look new once again.

·
Backyard wrench
47 Posts
I have the Weatherbeaters front and rear if you would like some pics. I have had Weathertech's in other vehicles and there are not quite a nice in my opinion. With that being said the Weathertech's are not worth the extra $$$. Got mine from Auto Anything for $111 after a 10% discount shipped free.
+1 for Weatherbeaters. Had them in 4 cars now. Ordered them for my EX CVT day 1.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually I wouldn't mind having some photos of the weathertechs if it isn't too much trouble. Would be nice to see how well they fit in the accord!

I have the husky liners and I really like them. Very snug fit and durable too. I had weathertechs before and honestly these are every bit as good. My only issue I had was that the area where the floor mat keepers are (the little hooks to keep it from sliding) tend to gather a lot of water. I was thinking of filling in the left one with some silicone if it leaked through but it has not leaked yet. Mine were also salt crusted from this winter and they hosed off quickly and look new once again.
+1 for Weatherbeaters. Had them in 4 cars now. Ordered them for my EX CVT day 1.
Can you guys post some photos also? I am curious of how well they fit compared the weathertechs.

·
Registered
336 Posts
So far they have held up well and pretty easy to clean, as expected. I'm pretty happy with mine overall. Someone had asked me a while ago to take a few pics and see how the gray Husky's matched the gray interior:

Here is one where I show the hole I cut, to the driver side mat, in order to have easy access to the gas door/trunk release lever:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So far they have held up well and pretty easy to clean, as expected. I'm pretty happy with mine overall. Someone had asked me a while ago to take a few pics and see how the gray Husky's matched the gray interior:

Here is one where I show the hole I cut, to the driver side mat, in order to have easy access to the gas door/trunk release lever:

Does the carpet not sit snug up to the plastic door jamp trim on the right side? I notice that it pops in towards the left.

Does cutting that hole void the warranty in any way?
Looks like a nice fit! If husky is comparable to weathertech I might as well save the extra $60 or so for gas!

·
No PRND
583 Posts
i love my weathertechs. i inspect construction sites and put plenty of mud on them. there is an entire thread that has tons of pictures.

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
Does the carpet not sit snug up to the plastic door jamp trim on the right side? I notice that it pops in towards the left.

Looks like a nice fit! If husky is comparable to weathertech I might as well save the extra $60 or so for gas!
The warranty of Husky Weatherbeaters? Who cares?

·
Registered
480 Posts
I have the Huskys and like them a lot. They're completely covered in salt and dirt at the moment, which is the point I guess. There may be some pluses and minuses to both the Husky and Weathertech but I think most people would be happy with either.

·
Registered
336 Posts

Yeah the passenger side was slightly bent from shipping, but truth be told, I haven't stressed it. I'll check to see if it has reshaped itself, for sure, but I have taken it out and cleaned it a couple of times already; I haven't noticed that one side affecting the carpet underneath.

As for the warranty, I'm not concerned. My decision was to either cut the hole, or be forced to lift the mat up and risk having my fingers shredded up from the sharp nubs underneath just to get to the gas door release, lol. If in the unlikely case I needed replacements, and was denied warranty, I guess it would give me a good opportunity to try the Weathertech or Aries3D mats. :D

Either one you choose, you should be happy. It really comes down to price and what you think about the aesthetics (if you even care about that). :thmsup:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have the weathertech's and I can't say that they are terribly impressive. They aren't that thick or heavy. The fit is good but not somehow godlike. In my previous car, a VW, the oem "monster" all weather liners were far better - half-inch deep grooves, solid rubber, and much more durable and heavy.

·
No PRND
583 Posts
I have the weathertech's and I can't say that they are terribly impressive. They aren't that thick or heavy. The fit is good but not somehow godlike. In my previous car, a VW, the oem "monster" all weather liners were far better - half-inch deep grooves, solid rubber, and much more durable and heavy.
The fit on my weathertechs are far better than the Husky image below. Look at the gap between the mat and the door jam! that's the most important part.

·
No PRND
583 Posts
Here is a short review I did from another thread:

Received my weathertech floorliners yesterday and put them in this morning. They look great and fit very well. I haven't driven in them yet, which is my only worry (manual transmission). Just don't know how I will feel about my left foot being on a hard & potentially slick surface.

A couple initial observations to people considering them:
1. The fit is overall excellent but there are some small gaps around the edges, as expected from a flexible plastic product. Nothing to worry about, but they are there.

2. The rear liners are made of a slightly thinner, less rigid, and most annoyingly a slightly lighter color material. The fronts are thick, rigid and a very dark black. The rears are still thick enough but are a little more flexible. The main thing that bugs me is the color is slightly lighter than the fronts. Still black, just a lighter shade. I would equate this to the fronts being the color of a brand new black tshirt and the rears being a black tshirt after it has been washed a few dozen times.

Here are some pics:

So far so good :thumbsup:
To update the review, I love them. They aren't slick when they get wet and dirty like I had feared. They catch virtually all the mud, dirty, water, etc. that I have thrown at them. I have not used the Husky's but there is certainly no issues with the weathertechs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Also, for the warranty question. The instructions tell you to cut a hole for the gas/trunk release. Should not be warranty issues...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
113 Posts
here the review of the mats i got called the aries

i took a couple quick pics of the aries 3d (they also go by other names i believe) floor mats i just received, they look pretty durable, the backing is like velcro type material that keep the mat from slipping and moving.

the rear mat is a single piece that covers all the way across

the molded mats fit the lines of the vehicle good, no gaps.

no weather yet to test when wet

1 - 20 of 37 Posts