Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2017 Hybrid Touring in Crimson Pearl/Bone
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just reading the sticker under my hood where it says to drive the car for 30 minutes every 3 months in order to make sure the HV battery does not deplete for too long and damage the battery. I'm not sure if this happened while my new to me car was sitting on a dealers lot from October of 2020 until I bought it with 33700 miles in March of 2021.

Anyone know of any tests that the dealer can do to determine overall HV battery condition? Out of the 3/36, but still within the 5/60 drivetrain and 8/100 hybrid warranty periods, and I am having the Honda dealer near my work perform all A/B inspections/oil changes every 2 months or so. I commute at least 3500 miles/month, easier for me to leave early every once in a while and take it to them than waste my weekend time on routine maintenance.

TIA

· Elvira
4,389 Posts
So here is a site that may help. They do refurbished hybrid batteries so I think they may know something about the SOH of the traction battery.

No affiliation with this site just remember finding this when a co-worker's Prius was giving him trouble.

Check it out and maybe contact them.

There should also be a way to measure the internal resistance of the pack similar to the SLI battery. They all have a specific internal resistance that could be measured. I wouldn't go near it personally with any electrical equipment I own since that voltage would probably destroy any home equipment or me for that matter!!!!!

Let us know what they say if you do contact them.

Reactions: Bohdi_BBQ

· Registered
2017 Hybrid Touring in Crimson Pearl/Bone
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So here is a site that may help. They do refurbished hybrid batteries so I think they may know something about the SOH of the traction battery.

No affiliation with this site just remember finding this when a co-worker's Prius was giving him trouble.

Check it out and maybe contact them.

There should also be a way to measure the internal resistance of the pack similar to the SLI battery. They all have a specific internal resistance that could be measured. I wouldn't go near it personally with any electrical equipment I own since that voltage would probably destroy any home equipment or me for that matter!!!!!

Let us know what they say if you do contact them.
Thanks for the info!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.