Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 EX V6 sedan and recently I've noticed that air is blowing out of the incorrect vents. For example, with a/c on, the air is blowing primarily out of the floor vents. With heat on, the air is blowing primarily out of the dash vents. With the defroster, it's blowing primarily out of the dash vents.
I take it off of Auto and use the "manual" vent controls and it still blows out of the wrong vents. Temperature settings don't have any effect on this, either.

Anyone else had this problem? Any ideas?

Thank you.

accordx2cb

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,285 Posts
Maybe someones playing a prank on you and crossed your HVAC wires ?

·
Elvira
3,628 Posts
I have a 2005 EX V6 sedan and recently I've noticed that air is blowing out of the incorrect vents. For example, with a/c on, the air is blowing primarily out of the floor vents. With heat on, the air is blowing primarily out of the dash vents. With the defroster, it's blowing primarily out of the dash vents.
I take it off of Auto and use the "manual" vent controls and it still blows out of the wrong vents. Temperature settings don't have any effect on this, either.

Anyone else had this problem? Any ideas?

Thank you.

accordx2cb
Sounds like a control arm is slipping or broken so when you call for a vent to change the door doesn't move. I'm not talking about the blender door but the diverting doors that direct the flow up,down or through the front vents. Is there any noise coming from the underdash like a clicking sound when the system is on? Mode motor might be shot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only noise I hear is the motor and diverter doors moving; they're just moving into the wrong positions. Maybe bobbo's right and somebody's prankin' me. :)

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,285 Posts
^ LMAO - I was just kidding, and I'd look into @Miker advice pronto if I were you ...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I realize this thread is a couple of years old, just wondering if a) anyone is still around, and b) was there any update or resolution? I have a 2005 EX V6 as well. I've removed the driver side lower dash and had someone cycle through the vent selector positions while I watched the mode motor. It moves, and the cable is still connected, but it does NOT change positions when either Feet, Defroster (standalone), or Feet/Defroster combo positions are selected.

Anyone heard of a mode motor being "a little bit bad" (as opposed to working or not working altogether)? If 'a little bit bad' is unlikely, what's the next option... that it's the (not sure what word to use) flap/deflector/plenum itself that's broken? Interestingly, when selecting any of the feet or defroster options, the mode motor arm does not attempt to move at all... so it's not a struggle that it can't resolve, it just doesn't even appear to be trying which is what makes me wonder if it's the mode motor itself that's partially bad. Or maybe the wiring harness?

Any insight would be helpful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts