Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how to activate the HVAC diagnostic test on my car?
its a 03 v6 with the dual zone feature.
thanks!

·
Mike
841 Posts
1. Turn the ignition ON (II)
2. Press the AUTO button and then the OFF button.
3. Hold BOTH buttons down for 1 minute.

If there is an error the temperature indicators will flash between 88 (all segments lit) and the DTC indicated by the number and position of the segments lit in the display.

This is a code not an actual number. The Driver and Passenger temp displays numbers are made up of seven individual segments, each turned on or off to make the required digits appear.

Each lit segment indicates an Error code. If all segments are lit for each number you will see 88 in the driver and 88 in the passenger display.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info Mike.

i gave it a try and got no codes....

that still leaves me with my problem:

for about a month now i only get heat out of my HVAC when i turn it up to 26C or more. anything lower then that just blows cool air, no matter what the temperature is outside... (and that is on either side of the cabin, and after the car has warmed up to operating temperature)

anyone else have that problem and know what the answer is?

·
Registered
15 Posts
How do I know what each segment means.. When I did this both temperature indicators flashed 88 but on the second 8 of the drivers side temperature indicator the lowest horizontal segment does not flash just stays lit, the other segments flashes. Does anybody know what that means??... THanks in advance

·
BRWNFLSH now
7,511 Posts
The lowest cross segment on the driver side second 8 would be N- A problem with the blower motor circuit.
Check the NO. 21 (40A) fuse in the under-hood fuse box, and the No. 30 (7.5A) fuse in the under-dash fuse box.

·
Registered
15 Posts
ok, i think its the blower by itself.. Today I went for a drive and as normal there was no air blowing. I decided to use an old fashion technique and I just gave the place under the glove compartment where the blower is located and gave it a punch and for my surprise it started working hehehe.. i guess its the blower motor thats the culprit...

·
Not a n00b!
542 Posts
1. Turn the ignition ON (II)
2. Press the AUTO button and then the OFF button.
3. Hold BOTH buttons down for 1 minute.

If there is an error the temperature indicators will flash between 88 (all segments lit) and the DTC indicated by the number and position of the segments lit in the display.

This is a code not an actual number. The Driver and Passenger temp displays numbers are made up of seven individual segments, each turned on or off to make the required digits appear.

Each lit segment indicates an Error code. If all segments are lit for each number you will see 88 in the driver and 88 in the passenger display.
i tried this and got no response from my system, am i doing something wrong?

It did not even seem to go into diag mode (i would expect lights to flash and motors to move...)

·
Mike
841 Posts
i tried this and got no response from my system, am i doing something wrong?

It did not even seem to go into diag mode (i would expect lights to flash and motors to move...)
The only reference I found to the display panel not running self diagnosis was to check for loose or poor connections in the panel and if none, replace the panel.

If no DTC’s are stored the display will just turn on and off as the buttons are pressed.

I think that self diagnostics is really only retrieving any stored DTC and is used when you dont have an OBD scan tool.

I can’t try it on mine as my Car Computer automatically places mine into self diagnostics and displays any code in English.

07EXAccord said:
Is the 4 vs 6 HVAC display different?
I believe the 4 cyl is the same sequence for the same Climate control unit.

·
Registered
167 Posts
In addition to Mike -

supposedly to retrieve the actual codes:
Ign OFF
Fan OFF
Temp on MAX Cool
Mode Control to VENT
IGN ON
Press and Hold RECIRC button
While holding press Rear Window Defogger 5x in 10 sec
The recirc button blinks twice and then self diag. begins

If a problem the recirc indicator will blink DTC 1 thru 6.
For Richpor - if problem with evap temp sensor the A/C indicator will blink DTC 7 or 8.

No Blink - no codes

IGN OFF

Hold right finger on right nostril and blow real hard.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did this test on my Pilot and it's the I segment that stays lit but I can't find anywhere online to tell me what the I means. Only heat blowing in front regardless of whether heat or a/c is on. rear air is fine.

Do you know what the I code is for? I can't find explanation..THANKS

·
Mike
841 Posts
There are passenger and driver temp indicators, each with two digits, each divided into left and right sides of each digit. Which temperature indicator, left or right digit and left or right side of the digit is displaying the "I" code?

BTW each digit is divided into 7 segments, I'm assuming you have an upper and lower segment lit to produce an I or is it just one part of the 7 segments lit?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I will have to check again to make sure, but I believe it was just one of the segments of the first 8 in the 88 that was blinking after I held the buttons down for a minute or so. I looked at the diagram and it was labeled I. Sorry I don't know more, but hey, I am a woman, LOL!!

Thank you for your reply.

·
Mike
841 Posts
Hi, FYI the I bit is the lower right segment of the left drive temp indicator.

The error code I = Open in the Drivers air mix motor control circuit, this looks like it would give the fault you describe, air mix locked or stuck on heat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for trying to help me..Is this an easy fix or are we talking big $?? I haven't gotten the chance to check it again to make sure I read it correctly but will this weekend. I have no idea what any of what you said means, lol...Is this what someone referred to me as the blend door???

·
Registered
4 Posts
I will have to check it again to make sure I read it correctly. Since I have no idea what you referred to means, are we talking an easy fix or big $??

Thanks again for trying to help me!
:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
How do I run self diagnostics accord 2010? The heating is only working at max level at drivers side. As soon as I adjust the temperature one step down from max it is only cold air. Passagerside is working fine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts