Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2013 Honda Accord Sport
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

First time post. Great forum.

I have had my Accord Sport for 11 months. I have approx 10k miles on it.

This is the first real problem I have had with the car.

Suddenly, the hvac blower fan is making a lot of noise. Whining and whistling and grinding.

It still blows air....Just noisy at the moment.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Scheduled to take it in on Dec 19th. This is the first opening for a loaner that the dealership has.

It is 5 degrees out now. If the fan completely fails, I'll bring it in for service right away. Brrrrrr.

I'll keep everyone updated to the resolution.

Thanks.

tz

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
There may be some debris such as leaves or ice stuck in there. This happened to me before with my last vehicle. You should try to not run the HVAC, it could damage the blower motor further. I'd try to take it in sooner, since you can't be without heat or defrost this time of year.

·
2013 Honda Accord Sport
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is anyone aware if there is an easy way to access the fan to remove any debris?

ty

tz

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Shouldn't be any debris in there is the cabin filter is installed correctly. My suggestion is take it to the dealer now and at least have them inspect it. Shouldn't take more than an hour while you wait. If they find something needs to be replaced, then take it back on the 19th when you can get a loaner. This will also give them time to order parts, if needed.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Is anyone aware if there is an easy way to access the fan to remove any debris?
Have you tried pulling the cabin filter and checking it for debris? At 10k+ miles, it can be pretty dirty...

Only takes a minute, and might have something to do with the noise...

·
2013 Honda Accord Sport
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all of the suggestions......

Funny enough, as I was on my way to the dealer this am to have them look at it, the whistle and grumble subsided.

It was almost imperceptible by the time I got to the dealership.

Instead of spending the day at the dealership(they could not give me a loaner or commit to looking at the car today), I turned back home.

If/when the noise comes back I'll take a video with my phone to show the service advisers.

Maybe ice got into the fan housing and melted away after warming the car up.

Who knows?

tz

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Really shouldn't be any way for ice to get in there or form in there. If so, there is definitely a defect. have you checked your cabin filter? That should be your starting point to make sure it is in correctly, or not damaged (like a hole in it that would allow larger debris to get through).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts