Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-2007 Accord Ex Sedan.

-PROBLEM: Blower Motor is inoperable.

-I replaced Blower Motor transistor with a new oem part. Part Number: 79330-SDR-A01

-The Blower Motor Fan worked in all positions after replacing the part for roughly 5 minutes of use. Afterwards the fan completely quit working again.

-From there I decided to pull the HVAC trouble codes from the HVAC unit. It displays DTC #6. Does anyone have a list of these codes so I can further troubleshoot?

·
2006 I4 MT
1,686 Posts
DTC 6: A Problem in the Blower Motor Circuit
Check the No.21 (40 A ) fuse in the under-hood fuse/relay box, and the No.30 (7.5 A ) fuse in the under-dash fuse/relay box.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All the non-HVAC codes:
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4692

HVAC Diagnostic Trouble Code 6 is:
Blower circuit failure....Most likely the power transistor/resister is bad. There are some youtube videos on how to swap them out.
Okay thanks for the code description. As I mentioned early I already replaced the power transistor. After installing the new part, the blower motor again stopped working after 5 minutes of use.

DTC 6: A Problem in the Blower Motor Circuit
Check the No.21 (40 A ) fuse in the under-hood fuse/relay box, and the No.30 (7.5 A ) fuse in the under-dash fuse/relay box.
I checked both fuses and they are both in good condition. I'm not sure what to troubleshoot next. Initially, it seemed to be a simple replacement of the resistor, but something is causing the resistor to fail.

If I disconnect the resistor and jump the 2 big wires on the 4 pin plug the blower motor will work in the high position. I used this method to ensure the original resistor was faulty. Now I've replaced it with a brand new OEM unit and problem persists.

·
Registered
338 Posts
My blower stopped running. I took it out and cleaned the crap out of it. Hooked it up to 12V and it ran, but started slowly slowing down till it stopped. Waited a little while and it ran again, but started slowing till it stopped.

I bought a new blower motor.

Mine threw no code. Also I believe there is a way to test the resistor in the shop manual. (could be wrong)

·
Banned
13,101 Posts
I can't believe I am gonna quote FORD here, but this is very common on Mercury Marquis. I have a buddy with that car and same thing happened to him- FORD has a bypass where the blower motor only works in "HIGH" setting. I am the idiot who fixes the Mercury because:

1) I did not mercy kill him when he bought it instead of an Accord, and
2) He's my buddy, so I gotta help him.

If the resister is now good (new), either you've just blown the new one as well or the blower motor itself is shot.

From FORD (don't flame me):
http://www.doityourself.com/forum/p...03-blower-not-running-03-grand-marquis.html#b

Chris and 2006Accord4 have my vote.

·
2006 I4 MT
1,686 Posts
If you look at the photo, you can test the blower motor itself with just a (-) left (+) right, from a 12v source.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Also if it is the blower motor they are different for a coupe or 4D, just so you know.

And here is how you test the resistor:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts