Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-2007 Accord Ex Sedan.

-PROBLEM: Blower Motor is inoperable.

-I replaced Blower Motor transistor with a new oem part. Part Number: 79330-SDR-A01

-The Blower Motor Fan worked in all positions after replacing the part for roughly 5 minutes of use. Afterwards the fan completely quit working again.

-From there I decided to pull the HVAC trouble codes from the HVAC unit. It displays DTC #6. Does anyone have a list of these codes so I can further troubleshoot?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All the non-HVAC codes:
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4692

HVAC Diagnostic Trouble Code 6 is:
Blower circuit failure....Most likely the power transistor/resister is bad. There are some youtube videos on how to swap them out.
Okay thanks for the code description. As I mentioned early I already replaced the power transistor. After installing the new part, the blower motor again stopped working after 5 minutes of use.

DTC 6: A Problem in the Blower Motor Circuit
Check the No.21 (40 A ) fuse in the under-hood fuse/relay box, and the No.30 (7.5 A ) fuse in the under-dash fuse/relay box.
I checked both fuses and they are both in good condition. I'm not sure what to troubleshoot next. Initially, it seemed to be a simple replacement of the resistor, but something is causing the resistor to fail.

If I disconnect the resistor and jump the 2 big wires on the 4 pin plug the blower motor will work in the high position. I used this method to ensure the original resistor was faulty. Now I've replaced it with a brand new OEM unit and problem persists.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.