1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
2007 Honda Accord SE
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
Anyone that changes out the taillights on their '06-'07 Sedan, only go with the OEM hybrid lights. They want quality and they want something that is an exact fit, not an aftermarket light that looks like the Hybrid light. So if you want it to look good, then save your money for the OEM. I have Eagle Eye LED tails in my '03 coupe, only because Honda does not make LED lights for the '03 Coupe. If they did, I would have done OEM. Your link above are for lights without an LED board. What good are those? Or are you supposed to swap in your factory LED boards?

·
2007 Honda Accord SE
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes you swap the boards of course. Its basically just the housing, LFSoccer recommended me to Eagle Eye a few months back but I haven't gotten around to buying them until now.

Where would I find the OEM anyway ? Hopefully the dealer near me would have them. Don't wanna get raped on shipping.

Just curious, did you have any fitment/flush problems with yours ?

·
'06 Coupe EX V6/6MT
1,603 Posts
When you buy the OEM, you also don't get the LED boards. The tail lamps themselves are ~$175 for the pair, shipped from CFLHonda. The LED boards are another ~$175/ea, but of course, you don't need them.

So - really, for $75 more - just get the OEM.

·
'06 Coupe EX V6/6MT
1,603 Posts
fair enough :)

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
Yes you swap the boards of course. Its basically just the housing, LFSoccer recommended me to Eagle Eye a few months back but I haven't gotten around to buying them until now.

Where would I find the OEM anyway ? Hopefully the dealer near me would have them. Don't wanna get raped on shipping.

Just curious, did you have any fitment/flush problems with yours ?
Yes, there are minor fitment/flush problems because they are aftermarket. The OEM lights fit like a glove. Aftermarket lights, not so much. In the case of my coupe, the Eagle Eye lights stick out slightly on the sides. They rub against the quarter panel instead of leaving an even gap along the length of the tail light. At first glance you would not know, but if I pointed it out, you would know. Or if you ran your hand along the side of the car, you will cut your hand on the sharp exposed corner. Who knows, maybe the sedan lights have a better fit. They make a good product and the LEDs that came with mine are super-bright. Of course in your situation, you would use the OEM LED boards, which are bright as well. However, Honda cut corners on their LED lights and continue to use a standard bulb for the turn signal, which looks ridiculous when stopped at a light with the turn signal on. You have a bright LED brake indicator, and a dull pulsing bulb flashing on and off. Would have been nice if Honda made the entire light an LED for both the brake and the turn signal. If you can save more money (a few more paychecks), get the OEM versions because it will be an exact fit. You would find OEM parts at any Honda parts department, or any Honda online parts website. The Honda eStore can save you money without the dealer markup and you can have them shipped to your local dealer to save shipping charges.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I went with a pair of hybrid tail lights from ebay, Ive had them on since September and I have not had any problems with them so far

1 - 11 of 11 Posts