Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

This is probably the first post of many in what is going to turn into quite the ordeal. As the title suggests, I am going to attempt to import some mirrors and a front bumper (for front camera) from either Australia, Thailand, or Japan and see if I can get 360 camera, parking assist, and folding mirrors working on a US spec 10th Gen Accord.

I’m hoping this post can attract some people from these countries that might have access to parts and info I will need to make this a possibility.

After rooting around in the head unit, I am almost positive that the software for things like the parking assist and 360 camera are there and it’s just a matter of getting the proper units plugged into the back of it. Unfortunately the US tech info site lists all of these extra pins as unused.

So far I know I need the following:

Mirrors. Unsure if LaneWatch and BLIS coexist. This could be an issue. I noticed the Australian Accord had LaneWatch. This would likely be on the left (passenger) side there. I know I need the mirrors that have the power folding mechanisms as well as the cameras that do the side view in 360 mode.

Front bumper. I haven’t looked at my bumper up close, but I have no clue where the front camera even is on these cars that do have it.

Some sort of computer? This will be a hard one. Is there an existing computer in the car that handles the parking assist? I’m 99% sure the cameras feed into the Navigation Unit where the rear camera feeds in. Maybe it does the work.

Maybe wiring harnesses. I’m leaning towards Honda making as few variants as possible for their cars in order to make their supply chain easier.

Wiring diagrams for the Asian spec Accord.

Potentially someone who can order these parts for me at a dealer and ship them to me here in the US. I have family that travels to Thailand, but I feel that the language barrier could make things difficult, so I’m leaning more towards sourcing from Australia unless Thailand or Japan offers something that I can’t get in Australia.

Anyway this was just a quick post to spark conversation and gather feedback. For all I know one of you might know something that basically makes this attempt worthless.

· cvt - NOT
1,491 Posts
Try the FB groups to see if you can build a relationship with someone trust worthy from one of these countries. You may need to pay additional costs to incentivize someone to do a lot of the legwork for you. I'll see if I can locate the contact information of a guy in Thailand that may be willing to help you out. He's already in the car tuning-customizing business too.

He has family in the states and speaks a little english, so he may be inclined to help you for a minor service charge.

· Registered
2 Posts
Jack, this sounds awesome, if you end up getting the 360 parking view stuff to work let me know, also, I've wondered if the Touring package features can be brought to an EX or EX-L, namely Remote Start/Stop and Climate Control, I feel like it's just a matter of loading the proper software onto the infotainment unit, but I don't know. You seem to have a good understanding of the system, might you have any ideas or general knowhow as to how it works?

· Registered
2020 Accord Hybrid EX-L
588 Posts
I did some research on the 360 degree camera system which is available on 10th Gen Accord in Chinese market.

To clarify one thing, most aftermarket installation of the 360 camera is NOT OEM. Think about this: if the parts supplier is going to sell OEM parts in large quantity, who is willing to pay extra $$$ for higher trims? Therefore, your choices are limited to non-OEM parts.

However, due to the great sales number of 10th gen Accord in China, it is profitable to design a non-OEM 360 camera system for this model which meets 95% of OEM function and compatibility. I checked some products review and they all seem to have these features: no need of harness breakdown, automatic alignment, no need of drilling on exterior panels, video projected on the OEM infotainment screen...However, to do this you at least need to remove door panels, dash board cover, etc.

Some photos:
removing covering panels:

auto alignment:

live video on the infotainment screen: note that this owner also installed radar parking sensors from the same company, so that those green squares indicate front distances. By clicking the numbers 1-4 different camera views will be displayed.

Now the question comes down to whether you are willing to spend so much effort and some $$$ (estimated to be ~$500?) for this function :)

· Registered
546 Posts
Nice find. If the cost was say paying $500 installed, I would gladly pay any installer to install this on my HAH base model.

I see the screen of that Accord you shared is from a base model Accord. That is cool to know this.

· Registered
2020 Accord Hybrid EX-L
588 Posts
Nice find. If the cost was say paying $500 installed, I would gladly pay any installer to install this on my HAH base model.

I see the screen of that Accord you shared is from a base model Accord. That is cool to know this.
I'd assume $500 only happens in China because of extremely low labor (which we shall leave for another big discussion whether cheap labor is good or bad). Here in US you'd pay another $1000 for labor fee...and cannot expect a nicely done work.

They for sure have made it compatible with both 7" and 8" info screens.

· Registered
2,489 Posts
...you'd pay another $1000 for labor fee...and cannot expect a nicely done work.
Nailed it on the head. They are likely to mess up something else that was working just fine the day before. Not that everyone is ignorant, incompetent and inattentive, but the systems got way too intertwined and overly sensitive to tinkering.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts