Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 Accord Touring. Car has stock intake and i'm thinking about getting this one:

Can someone share their experience with the air intake?

·
CVT
957 Posts
Consider getting the AEM CAI or Injen CAI instead. I hear installation is slightly more difficult, but the AEM CAI or Injen CAI would be the better option. The best attribute of the Takeda SRI will likely be sound improvement and looks. The Takeda SRI will probably best most effective in cold weather. As I would suspect that the Takeda SRI will also be exposed to a lot of heat soak during hot weather --- ultimately decreasing the car's HP/performance.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So the AEM CAI arrived last night!! Siked to get it installed! Will try and post a before and after.

·
8th Gen Believer
3,822 Posts
Do a Search. Largest repository of Accord owner data on the internet.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The atmosphere here at driveaccord has severely changed. It's sad to see....

·
HK Moderator
13,617 Posts
Do a Search. Largest repository of Accord owner data on the internet.
Searching is not for everyone.

The atmosphere here at driveaccord has severely changed. It's sad to see....
Perhaps the members of other Accord forums would search for you? Good luck!

·
Old Bird...sometimes wise
13,837 Posts
It will sound wonderful and look very nice but you may LOSE performance. Why? It draws in hot underhood air as opposed to cooler air from outside the engine compartment. I'm speaking from experience.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@RickBlaine and @slimm1469, you need to slow down and re-read. No, there is no need to search as nothing i stated in any way implied i was asking a question! I simply stated, i received the CAI and will hopefully post a video of the after install. What's to search from that statement????

@RTexasF i received the AEM CAI not a SRI

·
Registered
675 Posts
Old crusty MOD's touting the "search and you shall find" party line as you asked for relevant and recent experience with said CAI. Bad user... BAAAAAAD....

As you did not post a question searching for canned answers but seeking relevant human response to a seemingly relevant question which was mis-interpreted.

And before someone beats me to it.... =o)

·
HK Moderator
13,617 Posts
Old crusty MOD's touting the "search and you shall find" party line as you asked for relevant and recent experience with said CAI. Bad user... BAAAAAAD....

As you did not post a question searching for canned answers but seeking relevant human response to a seemingly relevant question which was mis-interpreted.

The OP asked for experiences. Are you experienced? (Jimi Hendrix)

I, an incredibly good-looking moderator, suggested SEARCH. I am now laughed at and ridiculed. Why? Why must you torment me? You young whippersnappers with your cordless phones.

Google:
"Driveaccord.net Retain stage 2 Takeda air intake reviews"

The 9th Gen has been out for over seven years now- others have gone before you! They wrote about it! Stand on their shoulders and live, live!

Find you will the answers you seek....

"Give a man a fish, he will have food for the day. Set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life."

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got it installed. Here are some pics:

Got it all installed and buttoned backed up. I have to admit, at first drive, i didn't hear or feel much difference. Also, at 5000 rpm's, it seems to 'choke' and then clear and then 'choke' for the entire time you're at 5k rpm's. I looked over the connections to verify they were connected and they were...

·
^^vv<><>BA
12,229 Posts
I have to admit, at first drive, i didn't hear or feel much difference.
For the tiny gains (5 hp to maybe 10 hp?) an intake gives, you're not going to feel any noticeable difference. It's a mod that's done mostly for the noise when you step on it.

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
Also, at 5000 rpm's, it seems to 'choke' and then clear and then 'choke' for the entire time you're at 5k rpm's. I looked over the connections to verify they were connected and they were...
Many aftermarket intakes put the MAF in a bad place and thus the MAF can provide goofy readings causing things like this. The engine should be smooth from idle to redline.

FYI: I've had no such problems with my Injen CAI. The Injen version builds a tuned section of tubing for where the MAF goes which would seem to prevent such problems.

Hopefully your ECU will be able to learn over time and even out those issues, but the computer can only do so much if it is getting goofy readings from the MAF.

BUT, double check your connections and make sure the intake is properly connected and that any other lines drawing fresh air from the system are properly connected. ANY kind of an air leak can cause all kinds of problems, especially if they occur AFTER the MAF.

I do see one issue in your photo. Shouldn't there be something connected to the nipple in the intake tube right up next to the throttle body? If that is open to the atmosphere it would cause all kinds of problems.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I, an incredibly good-looking moderator,

Google:
"Driveaccord.net Retain stage 2 Takeda air intake reviews"
Sorry Rick. Truth is searching this new Forum blows compared to the old crusty one. One shouldn't have to go via Google to search this group which has its own search bar.

"Good looking", Nay, "incredibly" so.

No pictures. No proof.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@WhiteOrchid; yea i took that picture before i finished the install. I used the provided hose to attach that intake line to the AEM CAI tube. @namegoeshere i really wasn't expecting to see much from the minimal HP but i did hope to see my car a little more responsive to my pressing the gas pedal
I agree with @AlanTheBeastV2 about the forum search blowing

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
@namegoeshere when you say "tune and adjust throttle mapping", i assume you mean ktuner? @RickBlaine, just so you know, i used google search to search for 2017 accord adjust throttle mapping but namegoeshere seems to have some direct info i might be interested in. Can i ask him a question without google searching, oh king of search?

·
HK Moderator
13,617 Posts
@namegoeshere when you say "tune and adjust throttle mapping", i assume you mean ktuner? @RickBlaine, just so you know, i used google search to search for 2017 accord adjust throttle mapping but namegoeshere seems to have some direct info i might be interested in. Can i ask him a question without google searching, oh king of search?
Yes, you have my blessing.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts